How to get rid of duplicate content install link? [SOLVED]

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,301
edited August 23 in Daz Studio Discussion

How to get rid of duplicate content install link?

I have a bunch of these in my content why are they there and how do I get rid of the lot of them?

The content is already installed and working fine, why the duplicate?

Duplicate.jpg
982 x 823 - 118K
Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• You better be releasing that Fiso tutorial you promised RedRex :p

1. Check Content Directories:

• Ensure that DAZ Studio is not pointing to multiple locations for the same content. If the same content is listed in multiple directories, DAZ Studio might show duplicates.
    • Go to Edit > Preferences > Content > Content Directory Manager.
    • Review the paths under DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats. If you see duplicate paths (e.g., the same folder listed twice), remove the duplicates.

2. Reset the Database:

• If your content directories are correctly configured but you still see duplicates, the issue might be with the content database.
    • Resetting the database can help:
      1. Back up your database if you have custom metadata.
      2. Go to Content Library pane.
      3. Click on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the upper right corner.
      4. Select Content DB Maintenance.
      5. Choose Reset Database. This will clear the database.
      6. After resetting, go back to Content DB Maintenance and select Re-Import Metadata to rebuild the database.

3. Remove Duplicate Entries:

• If resetting the database doesn't help, you might need to manually remove duplicate entries:
      • Go to the Content Library pane.
      • Locate the duplicate entries and right-click on them.
      • Choose Delete or Remove Reference if the option is available.

4. Check for Duplicate Installations:

• Sometimes, content may have been accidentally installed multiple times.
    • Go to DAZ Install Manager (DIM) and check if the content appears multiple times in the installed tab.
    • Uninstall the duplicates if found.

5. Manual Cleanup:

• Delete the manifest files associated with the duplicates:
      • Go to your DAZ Install Manager download directory.
      • Look for .dsx manifest files related to the content and delete the duplicates.
      • You may need to re-import the metadata afterward.

6. Check Smart Content:

• If you're seeing duplicates in Smart Content, it might be related to metadata issues.
    • Re-import Metadata can help clean up Smart Content.
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274
    edited August 23

RexRed said:

How to get rid of duplicate content install link?

I have a bunch of these in my content why are they there and how do I get rid of the lot of them?

The content is already installed and working fine, why the duplicate?

You've logged on to Daz Connect... (ss1)  Again, if you install product with DIM, never use Daz Connect ! You can uninstall the one on the left in Smart Content.

There've been quite a lot of lessons and learns relating to Daz Connect. Current Connect version in latest DS General Release is still not reliable. Daz Connect is being fixed and enhanced in Public Build... if you DO need it, then try it again after Public Build is updated to General Release.

SNAG-2024-8-23-005.png
    597 x 501 - 223K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,301

dziemian.pawel said:

You better be releasing that Fiso tutorial you promised RedRex :p

1. Check Content Directories:

• Ensure that DAZ Studio is not pointing to multiple locations for the same content. If the same content is listed in multiple directories, DAZ Studio might show duplicates.
    • Go to Edit > Preferences > Content > Content Directory Manager.
    • Review the paths under DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats. If you see duplicate paths (e.g., the same folder listed twice), remove the duplicates.

2. Reset the Database:

• If your content directories are correctly configured but you still see duplicates, the issue might be with the content database.
    • Resetting the database can help:
      1. Back up your database if you have custom metadata.
      2. Go to Content Library pane.
      3. Click on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the upper right corner.
      4. Select Content DB Maintenance.
      5. Choose Reset Database. This will clear the database.
      6. After resetting, go back to Content DB Maintenance and select Re-Import Metadata to rebuild the database.

3. Remove Duplicate Entries:

• If resetting the database doesn't help, you might need to manually remove duplicate entries:
      • Go to the Content Library pane.
      • Locate the duplicate entries and right-click on them.
      • Choose Delete or Remove Reference if the option is available.

4. Check for Duplicate Installations:

• Sometimes, content may have been accidentally installed multiple times.
    • Go to DAZ Install Manager (DIM) and check if the content appears multiple times in the installed tab.
    • Uninstall the duplicates if found.

5. Manual Cleanup:

• Delete the manifest files associated with the duplicates:
      • Go to your DAZ Install Manager download directory.
      • Look for .dsx manifest files related to the content and delete the duplicates.
      • You may need to re-import the metadata afterward.

6. Check Smart Content:

• If you're seeing duplicates in Smart Content, it might be related to metadata issues.
    • Re-import Metadata can help clean up Smart Content.

This response was very helpful and resolved my issue when I performed step one and two.

Thank you kindly dziemian.pawel 

• Logging into Connect shouldn't double the icons - it certainly doesn't for the things I have to install through DIM (e.g. Ultrascenery and add-ons), they just have the available to download icon at top-right (and if i understand the chnage log that will be going away). It looks as if, for some reason, the DIM installation is not being seen as the same product as the onea vailable through Connect; does the metadata seem correct (file type tags at top-right etc.) if you actually open the product to view its installed parts?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274
    edited August 23

Ha ~ maybe more or less as Richard said since I gave up Connect for a long time. But IIRC, that download Icon should be only shown on Connect things (with Logged on...)

Then, there're quite a few tricks to handle these things... I just wonder how long it took... well anyway ~~devil

Post edited by crosswind on