How do I repair broken images in Smart Content?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,301
edited August 23 in Daz Studio Discussion

How do I repair broken images in Smart Content?

I just got rid of all of my duplicate runtimes and thus my duplicacte listings. Ran reset database and metadats reimported metadata.

But, a handfull of assets do not have preview images. They used to have images and also, I suspect some of the images are not the right image that was meant to go with the product.

How do I manually reset the image or rather, can I delete a thumbnail folder somehow and/or have Daz reassign the images correctly?

Thanks! 

Broken images.jpg
1108 x 1224 - 285K
Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274
    edited August 23

I have to say: easily resetting db and re-importing meta might bring users a disaster... especially if one ever made lots of modification / correction yada yada to the metadata.

I used to give a tutorial relating to correcting all these... but I cannot find it for the time being. However, I do know.. for that Cat Bot product, no thumbnail image has ever been given to the product IM package. You have to make one by downloading a promo from its product page and throw it into runtime/support folder with the correct file name... or, of course, filling a ticket if you want to.

Thus resolving them has to be case by case... for some, there is no thumbnail in runtime\support, for some, you have to check and correct metadata (dsx file)... for some, individually re-importing the metadata again will do....

Of course, the brutal way: delete them under Products in Content Library... but then you have no way to find them in Smart Content.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,301

crosswind said:

I have to say: easily resetting db and re-importing meta might bring users a disaster... especially if one ever made lots of modification / correction yada yada to the metadata.

I used to give a tutorial relating to correcting all these... but I cannot find it for the time being. However, I do know.. for that Cat Bot product, no thumbnail image has ever been given to the product IM package. You have to make one by downloading a promo from its product page and throw it into runtime/support folder with the correct file name... or, of course, filling a ticket if you want to.

Thus resolving them has to be case by case... for some, there is no thumbnail in runtime\support, for some, you have to check and correct metadata (dsx file)... for some, individually re-importing the metadata again will do....

Of course, the brutal way: delete them under Products in Content Library... but then you have no way to find them in Smart Content.

Thanks Crosswind for your assistence. When I first installed Cat Bot I am certain there was an image but over time it went away with me resetting metadata.

Perhaps we both have the same database conflict.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,301

Isn't there a utility in the Daz store that lets you easily edit product thumbnails? I think I bought it but forgot its name.

RexRed said:

crosswind said:

Thanks Crosswind for your assistence. When I first installed Cat Bot I am certain there was an image but over time it went away with me resetting metadata.

Perhaps we both have the same database conflict.

So you installed it via Connect ? I didn't find a thumbnail file in IM package with DIM. Can you check that, in rumtime/support folder ?

RexRed said:

Isn't there a utility in the Daz store that lets you easily edit product thumbnails? I think I bought it but forgot its name.

AFAIK, there's no such a product / tool working on installed products with no thumbnails for fixing them...Maybe someone ever wrote a script...? but I doubt that.

As for the Cat Bot, you can go to runtime\support folder in your Daz Library where the cat bot was intalled, search 101972, see how many files there are, any JPG or PNG ?