SY Hat and Hair Helper Genesis 8: Cheek 01/02 L morphs are not applied on the left cheek

ElorElor Posts: 1,141

Hello,

I'm speaking about this product by @Sickleyield: https://www.daz3d.com/sy-hat-and-hair-helper-genesis-8

I installed it with DIM and used it with Daz 4.21 and the last public beta, observing the same problem in both versions.

To test it, I loaded a G8.1F and a G8.1M figures, then I loaded their respective helpers before loading hairs with the helper selected (it was a pain to find a G8M hair who reacted to the cheek morphs…). Then I dialed the two cheek morphs and here are the results: change happen on the right side of the face.

G8F Cheek L morphs

G8F Cheek R morphs

G8M Cheek L morphs

G8M Cheek R morphs

I tested every other morphs related to either left and right and as far as I can seen, they are applied to the intended side of the face, and in the vicinity of where they should be applied according to their name.

I also check if it was something as simple as the Cheek L morphs calling the Cheek R files, but nope, they are calling Cheek L 01.dsf and Cheek L 02.dsf. I didn't open these dsf files, it would likely be gibberish to my untrained eyes.

Can someone who has this product check if they observe the same behavior before I open a ticket ?

G8F_Cheek_L.jpg
1368 x 1075 - 169K
G8F_Cheek_R.jpg
1368 x 1075 - 169K
G8M_Cheek_L.jpg
1368 x 1075 - 173K
G8M_Cheek_R.jpg
1368 x 1075 - 173K
Post edited by Elor on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274

I vaguely rememeber this issue, ha ~ Let me check...

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274
    edited August 24

Yes, I think two Cheek L morphs were wrongly imported on Right side by SY. Unfortunately, this helper's geometry is not symmetrical in DS, I had no way to fix it by using Mirroring or Attenuate options. So some sculpting had to be needed ~~

Anyway, pls submit a ticket ...

SNAG-2024-8-25-008.png
    2560 x 1392 - 798K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,141
    edited August 24

Ah that's too bad: I hoped a fix was possible on my end while waiting for an official fix.

I opened a ticket.

Post edited by Elor on