[Solved] Incorrect prefered base: is changing it in the dsf file enough to fix it ?

ElorElor Posts: 1,140

Hello,

I have the problem with this product (and maybe a couple of others, but I forgot to keep their names), Tousled Pixie Hair for Genesis 8 and Genesis 3 Female(s): when I'm fitting it on a G8F character, an autofit dialog pops up:

I looked at the Scene Identification and saw that the Preferred Base was set to 'Genesis 3/Female':

Changing it to Genesis 8/Female fixed the problem for the scene but I wanted a more permanent fix (I'm also opening a ticket so that everyone can get it too) so I searched where the Preferred Base information was saved and found that it's in the dsf file, this one to be precise: '/data/3DCelebrity/Tousled Pixie Hair/Tousled Pixie Hair/TPH.dsf', line 211234:

"presentation" : {
  "type" : "Follower/Hair",
  "label" : "Figure_Tousled Pixie Hair",
  "description" : "",
  "icon_large" : "",
  "colors" : [ [ 0.3529412, 0.3529412, 0.3529412 ], [ 1, 1, 1 ] ],
  "preferred_base" : "/Genesis 3/Female"
},

After replacing Genesis 3 by Genesis 8, everything is fine.

Is it all I need to do or is there something else somewhere else that could come back to haunt me ?

tousled_autofit.jpg
1608 x 637 - 151K
scene_identification.png
722 x 341 - 74K
Post edited by Elor on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

Why don't you just use the Genesis 3 version? There is another...

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,262
    edited August 24

Right ~ though there're G3/G8 versions but both of Preferred Base are set as Genesis 3 ~~

Job's well done ! That was just what you had to do with DSF, nothing else...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,140
    edited August 24

NorthOf45 said:

Why don't you just use the Genesis 3 version?

I'm using the Genesis 8 version because I want to fit the hair on a Genesis 8 character and it's the Genesis 8 hair that has a wrong Preferred Base (as far as I can see, the Genesis 3 version of the hair is working fine on a Genesis 3 character).

Edit:

@Crosswind: Thank you.

I'll be sending the ticket then, so hopefully, anyone else will be able to enjoy a fixed Genesis 8 version.

Post edited by Elor on

It's very kind of you ! Thanks ! yessmiley

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

Elor said:

NorthOf45 said:

Why don't you just use the Genesis 3 version?

I'm using the Genesis 8 version because I want to fit the hair on a Genesis 8 character and it's the Genesis 8 hair that has a wrong Preferred Base (as far as I can see, the Genesis 3 version of the hair is working fine on a Genesis 3 character).

Edit:

@Crosswind: Thank you.

I'll be sending the ticket then, so hopefully, anyone else will be able to enjoy a fixed Genesis 8 version.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood the problem. Yes, changing the .dsf file will be safe. There should be a ticket, though, to get the change done officially.

crosswind said:

It's very kind of you ! Thanks ! yessmiley

I'm doing it for my past self, who wouldn't know how to fix it laugh

NorthOf45 said:

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood the problem. Yes, changing the .dsf file will be safe. There should be a ticket, though, to get the change done officially.

No worry, it was a useful misunderstaning: I rewrote my ticket's draft before sending it and made it extra-clear I was speaking about the Genesis 8 hair on a Genesis 8 character before sending it smiley

Hello,

I just received an answer from Daz support and an update was pushed today and it does solve the problem smiley

Elor said:

Hello,

I just received an answer from Daz support and an update was pushed today and it does solve the problem smiley

Thank you!