Pose Preset Question

I know to speed up a pose preset loading you save only the active transforms.

What if you also want to save the expression... can you do that?

Will it make it slow again?

JD

Comments

• Properly configured pose controls, such as expressions, should be included anyway

• jdavison67jdavison67 Posts: 639

Richard Haseltine said:

Properly configured pose controls, such as expressions, should be included anyway

They are if you do a regular pose preset save.

If you go up to the icon on the top right and choose Check all transforms only, it skips the expressions. That's why I'm asking...

I was wondering if there was something I needed to check to keep the expression.

JD

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274
    edited August 24

jdavison67 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Properly configured pose controls, such as expressions, should be included anyway

If you go up to the icon on the top right and choose Check all transforms only, it skips the expressions. That's why I'm asking...

I was wondering if there was something I needed to check to keep the expression.

JD

It's simple to save a Pose Preset with Expressions Only by just checking Head node under Hip... and Head node under Pose Controls (screenshot 1). Whether it's fast or slow when loading the preset, mostly depends on how many Expression Products you've ever installed. For instance, if there're only 300 expression properties, the loading shoud be fast, while if there're 3000, it'll surely bring you slow loading, because all properties are written into Preset file, zero or non-zero value will be set to property dials one by one.

Edit: Be noted there're some Properties from certain Products having wrongly-defined Paths ... i.e. not under Pose Controls/Head. If you used them and saved an expression preset in the above way, you wouldn't get 100% correct result. So, you have to check them in Currently Used by opening Parameter Settings... if you find such an issue.

SNAG-2024-8-25-000.png
    2021 x 1375 - 345K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • Sorry, I realised I had got yhe wrong option just now. You can use the option to set the currently used properties too, depending on what the figuer is doing. The path issue crosswind mentions is what I was thinking of when I said properly configured.

• jdavison67jdavison67 Posts: 639

crosswind said:

jdavison67 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

JD

It's simple to save a Pose Preset with Expressions Only by just checking Head node under Hip... and Head node under Pose Controls (screenshot 1). Whether it's fast or slow when loading the preset, mostly depends on how many Expression Products you've ever installed. For instance, if there're only 300 expression properties, the loading shoud be fast, while if there're 3000, it'll surely bring you slow loading, because all properties are written into Preset file, zero or non-zero value will be set to property dials one by one.

Edit: Be noted there're some Properties from certain Products having wrongly-defined Paths ... i.e. not under Pose Controls/Head. If you used them and saved an expression preset in the above way, you wouldn't get 100% correct result. So, you have to check them in Currently Used by opening Parameter Settings... if you find such an issue.

I'll have to play with this... This looks promissing...

Thanks!

JD