New World Building and Character Creation engines popping up in new video games

I was watching a video about InZOI.  

The character creation looks pretty robust, as does the world building capabilities.

I bet a lot of story tellers are already thinking about how to leverage this for content creation.

JD

Comments

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,797
    edited August 25

Thanks for heads up. Just went to Steam and downloaded the character creator which is free. 19.x Gig though ...HUGE !   Will check it out. 

Watching the video. It reminds of The Sims, a lot, but much much more advanced.

EDIT: character creator limited to 1 character. It has a lot of options. I made a character, very lifelike. Fully animated, but this project has a long way to go. This demo pretty limited. I'm going to uninstall and wait. It seems to have great potentioal. 

I was a bit taken aback by the account creation. Too much invasive stuff, needing to allow servers to access your system, which I gues is necessary, but could be a portal for hacking? 

2024-08-25-13-49-57.jpg
    1706 x 1280 - 647K
    Post edited by daveso on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,966

Note it says it uses Generative AI.

ugh no thanks

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,406

Oso3D said:

ugh no thanks

I have no intention of googling around this game to see how it uses generative ai specifically, but generative ai is quite a broad term that could mean language learning models etc, or behavioural models, so with a world that is simulated, you would expect some degree of that.

So if your disdain of generative ai comes from a specific use of ai, then its not a given that this game uses that specific case.

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 564
    edited August 29

This game actually made me wide-eyed when I first booted it up. Instantly thought of DAZ. That said, it's, obviously, nowhere near as detailed/robust, so it won't replace it. Still, it's fantastic, and as a massive Sims fan, it will bring a lot to the table!

Post edited by Visuimag on
  • ColinFrenchColinFrench Posts: 646
    edited August 27

Oso3D said:

ugh no thanks

The only generative AI I've seen in the demo was as an option if you want to create a custom texture for clothing. You can also import your own custom texture created in whatever app you wish. It's just there for players who want something other than the supplied options but don't want to take the time to create something in Gimp etc.

After adding a custom texture one way or another, you've got pretty good control over the UV mapping with scaling/tiling and offsets to tweak in realtime to get the appearance you want. As a simple example I tried adding text to a T-shirt:

inZOi sample character

Post edited by ColinFrench on
  • 3DLoki3DLoki Posts: 27

Oso3D said:

ugh no thanks

From what I've seen in various company videos and whatnot,  it's core use is to generate image textures for clothing or furniture/wallpaper etc.
    They are also working on some "sculpture" thing where you upload "any image" and it will generate a 3D model you can then place in world using their AI system

Deff no go for me,  and kind of sucks cause it looked really cool

• ColinFrenchColinFrench Posts: 646
    edited August 29

3DLoki said:

From what I've seen in various company videos and whatnot,  it's core use is to generate image textures for clothing or furniture/wallpaper etc

Deff no go for me,  and kind of sucks cause it looked really cool

As I mentioned in my post immediately above, that's an optional feature.

If you don't like it, you don't have to use it. You can use one of the supplied defaults, just like any other game, or even use Photoshop etc to create your own textures and easily import them into the game.

Post edited by ColinFrench on