dForce Question -- parts of clothing separating

rokkrrokkr Posts: 94
edited August 25 in Daz Studio Discussion

When I try to apply dForce to non-dForce items with many surfaces, sometimes, the surfaces separate from one another (like trims falling down, and so on)... Any tips to prevent this from happening? I already know about applying a weight node and editing a weight map, but, then, the opposite may happen: the clothing item gets too stiff and I don't get the desired result.

Summarizing the problem better: let's say I have a vest, and it has a main surface body, a collar, two pockets (same surface), and some buttons (same surface); and it opens. When closed, I'm not applying too much dForce, just enough to make it closer to the body, and everything is OK, but when I open it, either: 1) the main body don't have enough dForce to simulate gravity and stays floating in the air; or 2) it falls as it should, but the pockets and the buttons separate from the body because either: A) I've applied dForce below a threshold, and they stay in place; or B) Ive applied dFroce at or above the threshold, and they fall down or end up in places where they shouldn't. I know I could make them separate objects, create following nodes, and they would probably stay in place, but I'd like to know if there's a dForce internal solution to make those items be glued in their proper place; besides, this method would be good for the buttons, but the pockets need some malleability too.

Post edited by rokkr on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,264
    edited August 26

If the geometry on the clothing is not welded (no matter holistically or paritially), you'll get that sort of "shattered result" if you want to make them all drape, some parts may fall down. If you simulate it in DS, the ways should be just using dForce Weight node, or tweak Dynamic Strength.

So you may set Dynamic Strength on the unwelded part to 0 or small value,  paint 0 or much less weight on them as well as the adjacent geometry probably , but they might no follow the holistic draping in most of the cases.

Anyway you always can fix those areas in external software or by using some tools like Mesh Grabber.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,264
    edited August 26

Yea, forgot it... dForce Dynamic Surface Add-on can be also a good way ! Depending on the clothing, better know a modeling software to manipulate the geometry if Geo Editor won't work well on them.

https://youtu.be/lOWdOSQVRco?si=gRV-WQ6Z8SdMH6GL

Post edited by crosswind on
  • rokkrrokkr Posts: 94

Thank you! For your answers. I'll study this Polyline Dynamic Surface Add-on.