New pictures in gallery - waiting time.

Hi,

I wanted to ask how many days on average it takes for an uploaded render to be published by DAZ moderation.

I remember it taking hours in the past, not days.

Perhaps the userbase grew that much.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited August 29

Are you sure you hit the Publish button? I am told it shouldn't be taking that long. If you did, check there are no notes from the moderation team: Go to the Album in Your Gallery - Click on Edit - and click on the image in question (usually under Unpublished at the bottom) and see if there is anything in the box that says "Notes from Moderators"

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,523

Is stuff even put into a moderation queue? I thought it all went up immediately and was retroactively moderated if there was an issue. (Although I guess it might be the case that it's different for different users).

In any case, I'd guess either you've failed to publish it, or if you're looking at the gallery feed, you're not looking at most recent.

• dziemian.paweldziemian.pawel Posts: 107
    edited August 29

Richard Haseltine said:

Are you sure you hit the Publish button? I am told it shouldn't be taking that long. If you did, check there are no notes from the moderation team: Go to the Album in Your Gallery - Click on Edit - and click on the image in question (usually under Unpublished at the bottom) and see if there is anything in the box that says "Notes from Moderators"

Problem solved. I wasn’t clicking the publish page. My monkey brain thought that pressing the bright green button would do the trick. But no, you have to click the publish button between "Cancel" and "Edit Album," which all look exactly the same.

Post edited by dziemian.pawel on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,797

i just uploaded one to my gallery and it posted less than a minute. 

• Thanks to everyone involved.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,141

Matt_Castle said:

Is stuff even put into a moderation queue? I thought it all went up immediately and was retroactively moderated if there was an issue. (Although I guess it might be the case that it's different for different users).

My first picture was put into the moderation queue but since then, the pictures are visible as soon as I hit publish.

• Elor said:

Matt_Castle said:

My first picture was put into the moderation queue but since then, the pictures are visible as soon as I hit publish.

Yes, as with the forum new posters get held in the queue but in theory after a while/a few posts they get a pass (unless they put themselves on the naughty step). I don't know what the requirements to leave pre-approval are for the galleries.