Finding an item from the scene.

Since you guys where really helpfull beforehand I got one more question that will surley be trivial to you all.

How to quickly find an item from the scene is when you search the smart content and content library by its name it won't return it in the resoults?

I though that mabey you could just right click on it in the scene tab and there will be an option to "Show asset in Content Library", but there is none.

I those cases, I usually check the surface tab and to check the texture file path and indentify the product that contains the asset in question that way, but I fell there has to be a simpler way.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ElorElor Posts: 1,141

You can try to right click on the Scene tab > Edit > Scene Identification. Outside of characters, the Compatibility Base field should tell you the name of the product (at least the internal version).

@MikeD has a product to list the products used in a scene:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/689571/list-of-products-used-script-commercial

https://www.daz3d.com/md-list-of-products-used

And if you know your ways around Daz script, this one is apparently capable of doing the list products used by an object:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/metadata/list_products_used/start

• The sample script is pretty much usable as is, though it isn't elegant (not too hard to gie it a dialogue outout, though).

• "You can try to right click on the Scene tab > Edit > Scene Identification."

Great tip, thank you.

• I've tried to run the script, but it only gave me the list of nodes in the scene, not asset locations.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274

I even got no list after running that script in both GR/PB. I could only find "a list" in DS log. Any trick ? @Richard Haseltine ?

• Hmm, it's been a while since I used it but I don't recall issues - as long as the content has valid database entries, of course.

Richard Haseltine said:

Hmm, it's been a while since I used it but I don't recall issues - as long as the content has valid database entries, of course.

Every item has meta and was almost well listed in DS log... maybe now the script doesn't work with latest DS GR and PB ?

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 602

I attended a Digital Art Live webinar in June or July when MikeD was the guest creator.  He gave a demonstration of List of Products (referenced above by @Elor) during part of the webinar.  I thought to myself, “Hmmm … That would be a handy utility to have.”  I bought it earlier this month in the DAZ3D store when it was on deep sale.  It works quite nicely in the few scenes in which I’ve tested in.

• I just tried in the general release on a test scene and got a report.

txt
    txt
    ListProductsOutput.txt

Richard Haseltine said:

I just tried in the general release on a test scene and got a report.

The report can only be generated in Script IDE, right ?

• crosswind said:

Richard Haseltine said:

No, I just dragged the script file into the Viewport and got the report from the log.

Richard Haseltine said:

crosswind said:

Richard Haseltine said:

No, I just dragged the script file into the Viewport and got the report from the log.

The same on my side. Thanks! I thought there could be a "pop-up" report ~devil

• crosswind said:

Richard Haseltine said:

crosswind said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The same on my side. Thanks! I thought there could be a "pop-up" report ~devil

There could be, it would just be a matter of stringifying the desired data and putting it in some kind of text box in a dialogue. I ddi that with an earlier version of the script (I don't think its output was JSON) but I think it would be a bit off for a Daz forum mod to tweak the script to compete with a PA product.