M10-M36 Wolverine product questions.

First, why the editorial license? It is a piece of US military equipment  3/4 of a century out of date.

Second Why is this product called the M10-M36 Wolverine? The M10 was the Wolverine. The M36 was the Jackson. Sure they supposedly have the same hull, but their turrets/guns are 100% different and the product here only has the turret and gun for the M10 so why even bring the M36 Jackson into the name?

Comments

• Malandar said:

First, why the editorial license? It is a piece of US military equipment  3/4 of a century out of date.

Some game/comic/movie/book/TV series franchise somewhere makes conspicuous use of one, having selected it initially by looking around at period-appopriate objects and thinking, "aha, that one looks cool," and now the entity that owns that franchise thinks they own WWII tanks and no one else gets to use them.

OK ... /snark. But that's how I feel about some of these EL topics.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,397

Malandar said:

Second Why is this product called the M10-M36 Wolverine? The M10 was the Wolverine. The M36 was the Jackson. Sure they supposedly have the same hull, but their turrets/guns are 100% different and the product here only has the turret and gun for the M10 so why even bring the M36 Jackson into the name?

I agree It's another one that I don't get the need for EL. It's an obsolete military vehicle last produced in 1943 81 years ago. It was designed by the Department of Army Ordinance and built jointly by Bodies by Fisher (GM) and Ford Motor Company

And even if it's used in a game it shouldn't be copyrightable or useable as a trademark as the design isn't original and doesn't belong to them

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 750

Yeah doesn't make any sense to me because it's not like someone making a 3D model and selling it is cutting into any profit  that GM or Ford would have ever made because... they don't make tanks anymore.