Welcome Toshi 9

Toshi 9 makes is presence known.

Very handsome addition to the DAZ gene pool.  Good to see a defined, yet lean physique.  And looks to be for a good price.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,396

He looks really good!

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,266

Agreed! :-)

• ElorElor Posts: 1,141
    edited August 30

I love this render, especially the look on the face of the driver of the green thingy (sorry, I don't remember how it is named): is he fearing Toshi and his blade, or the train that will crush both of them if they don't get out of its way ?

daz3d_TOSHI9_ART01_Main.jpg
    2600 x 1600 - 779K
    Post edited by Elor on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

A little annoying how none of the G9 core Asian females have been to the same quality as Genghis and now Toshi.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,941
    edited August 30

Write Idea said:

...And looks to be for a good price.

Unnaturally good... the Pro Bundle just rang out at $9.10 for me and the add-ons were under a buck each in a cart with today's golden item, the 30% Frequent Buyer Bonus, and 8 tokens.  ???   As for the bundle itself.  Nice figure but most of the bundle is yet more samurai/ninja stuff... something that there's already a ton of here, and which has fairly limited usefulness for me given the paucity of regular people wear for the period.  Really, if they're going to keep playing to stereotypes, I'd trade all of it for a decent business suit, a baseball uniform, or a factory worker jumpsuit...   

Post edited by Cybersox on

Well, Toshi just became the first G9 pro bundle I've bought on day one, if not the first period.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Even without using tokens, the price is quite tempting...

Toshi.PNG
    860 x 466 - 69K
  • Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 431

I think that's the fastest a pro bundle's ever shot through the checkout for me.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,697

I really like him! I'm only a bit worried about the way his eyebrows seem perpetually drawn together, as if he was always frowning. Has anyone bought him already, can one get rid of that?

Apart from that, great looking character!

• sidsid Posts: 432
    edited August 30

He looks like he could kick Wang's toshi.

The Pro bundle worked out so cheap I got it straight away in case it was a mistake

I'll post something more creative later

toshi.jpg
    2000 x 2829 - 751K
    Post edited by sid on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,421

Such a low price for such a great looking character and equally well-made bundles! I grabbed the Pro Bundle immediately.

• MissLeahMissLeah Posts: 51

Okay. I've never bought a G9 pro bundle. Most of the time I only want one or two things plus the character, so I pick them up separately. But there are so many things I can use in this pro bundle, and it's so unbelievably cheap with all the discounts that it's almost ridiculous NOT to buy it! So glad I took the day off today, because now I'm off to play with new goodies! laugh

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,644

Cybersox said:

Write Idea said:

...And looks to be for a good price.

Unnaturally good... the Pro Bundle just rang out at $9.10 for me and the add-ons were under a buck each in a cart with today's golden item, the 30% Frequent Buyer Bonus, and 8 tokens.  ???   As for the bundle itself.  Nice figure but most of the bundle is yet more samurai/ninja stuff... something that there's already a ton of here, and which has fairly limited usefulness for me given the paucity of regular people wear for the period.  Really, if they're going to keep playing to stereotypes, I'd trade all of it for a decent business suit, a baseball uniform, or a factory worker jumpsuit...   

Pretty much a no brainer.  I got the Pro Bundle for $3.10 with all the discounts, 8 tokens and my DAZ+ coupon.

• ValkeerieValkeerie Posts: 156
    edited August 30

I normally do a quick render of my new assets and tried out the Outfit Ronin Samurai. I found the Haori wasn't working properly - the sleeves weren't falling onto the arms in a pose. I loosened up the dynamic parameters (dynamic != 1 btw) and then the sleeves draped but the front fell open to the waist. I added a weight map to the front and it all worked.

Here is my crash render ...

Outfit Ronon Samurai CJ Zhen Hina Hair 1.png
    927 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by Valkeerie on
  • KamaroticaKamarotica Posts: 57

That was an immediate buy. Such a good price. 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,909

Toshi looks amazing. One of those characters that low-key make me wish I was using G9.

The sad thing is, I can just see some bean counter at DAZ will be looking at the numbers in a few months while thinking "Boy that Toshi Pro Bundle sold well... we need to do more bundles that are all Samurai and Ninjas".  It's like all the Pirate products... I rarely ever see anyone rendering Pirate images on the art sites I go to, and outside of POTC the genre seems pretty much dead outside of bodice-ripper romance novels... and yet every time I turn around DAZ seems to be cranking more out Pirate items, but NOT the other ships and costumes of the period needed to tell an immersive story.    

• KamaroticaKamarotica Posts: 57

Toshi is great.

Toshi 9.png
    1080 x 1920 - 2M
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,797

I have it in my cart for 14.40. I'm still in. The only thing I've noticed is how the pro bundle is made up. The first 6 items are the same as what are in the starter bundle. Then in the pro bundle they also add the starter bundle as part of the package. There are in actuality only 4 extra items in the pro bundle. 

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,266

Cybersox said:

The sad thing is, I can just see some bean counter at DAZ will be looking at the numbers in a few months while thinking "Boy that Toshi Pro Bundle sold well... we need to do more bundles that are all Samurai and Ninjas".  It's like all the Pirate products... I rarely ever see anyone rendering Pirate images on the art sites I go to, and outside of POTC the genre seems pretty much dead outside of bodice-ripper romance novels... and yet every time I turn around DAZ seems to be cranking more out Pirate items, but NOT the other ships and costumes of the period needed to tell an immersive story.    

Yeah, like the royal navies that need to go out and hunt down all those pirates! Or the devastatingly deep pits full of gold and treasures guarded by the "newbie" that stays behind to guard the treasure when the pirates leave the islands to fight off those navies [it's always the newbie because they don't know that the pirates used ghosts to guard treasures]. Or the deep long creepy caves with the elephant head's skull [nasal cavity was thought to be the eye of the giant] guarding the pirates' treasures hidden therein. Or ...

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    If you watch old Japanese movies, they don't wear flip flops. And I have no idea what I can do with this. But I couldn't resist getting it for $14.40.
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,036

I had no tokens, just that 30% for 30 offer, my DAZ+ DO coupon, and the Golden item and the pro bundle came it at $11.79.

As for the outfits, first I am happy nothing was Editorial Content. Second, a use could be gathering all those weird, 'I will never have a use for this genre's outfit' and stage a Halloween Party scene or a Comic Con scene. Two months to Halloween, someone can come up with college students dressed at something better than witches, ghouls, or whatever.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,314

interesting face, don't like the body

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,950

Cybersox said:

Or they'll look at total Toshi sales $ and say "See, men don't sell."

memcneil70 said:

I had no tokens, just that 30% for 30 offer, my DAZ+ DO coupon, and the Golden item and the pro bundle came it at $11.79.

As for the outfits, first I am happy nothing was Editorial Content. Second, a use could be gathering all those weird, 'I will never have a use for this genre's outfit' and stage a Halloween Party scene or a Comic Con scene. Two months to Halloween, someone can come up with college students dressed at something better than witches, ghouls, or whatever.

• jd641jd641 Posts: 454
    edited August 31

Gordig said:

A little annoying how none of the G9 core Asian females have been to the same quality as Genghis and now Toshi.

I was just about to post this same thing, good thing I read through the comments. The G8 asian females looked fairly realistic to me, this generation isn't hitting the mark and I don't understand why the g9m's can look great/not cartoony/not stylized but not the g9fs. I wouldn't even mind if they did a re-release like they did with Kala 9 because imo she looks great. Give me Alawa G9 please.

Post edited by jd641 on

mwokee said:

If you watch old Japanese movies, they don't wear flip flops.

Modern flip-flops are debatably derived from Japanese zori, and neither Ronin Samurai or Imperial Tech Samurai includes flip-flops but rather waraji, as you can see from some of the promos:

Also, relying on movies for accurate historical information is extremely misguided.

jd641 said:

Give me Alawa G9 please.

I'm pretty sure Alawa was meant to be Native American, as she was released as the companion to Dasan. I would say that none of the G9 Asian females are on the same level as Mei Lin 8 or Kayo 8.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,297

At $14 and a change (with 2 tokens), this was a no-brainer. I really like Toshi himself, both hairs look nice, and I definitely will find use for all the outfits. On top of that, the weapons set looks really good, and not like something put together. And, as a bonuse, the three texture expansions were under $2 each, so I threw them in the cart too.

I won't be able to render anything until next week, but I'm looking forward to trying Toshi and other products.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274

Gordig said:

mwokee said:

If you watch old Japanese movies, they don't wear flip flops.

Modern flip-flops are debatably derived from Japanese zori, and neither Ronin Samurai or Imperial Tech Samurai includes flip-flops but rather waraji, as you can see from some of the promos:

Also, relying on movies for accurate historical information is extremely misguided.

Right ~ and if you remember that Shogun HD, there better be Zori with Kogake on those bare feet when wearing such an armor of "imprerial samurai". No samurai armor has surpassed Shogun HD so far,  but since this bundle is too cheap ~~ in cart.