dForce not working anymore

Hey guys, I can't run a dforce simulation anymore, it always stays at Preparing dForce execution kernels... and that for hours, nothing happens except that the ram fills up more and more until it is full. 
Even in a completely new scene with only one cube with dForce settings, nothing happens except that the ram fills up with 40gb...
I was able to use it all the time without any problems and then it stopped working.
I didn't install any driver updates or change anything else. Can anyone help me?

My specs
Ryzen 7 3700X
48gb Ram
RX 6750 XT 

Comments

• AMD GPUs can be an issue, you might want to try rolling back to an earlier driver (especially if you have had a recent update).

• Richard Haseltine said:

AMD GPUs can be an issue, you might want to try rolling back to an earlier driver (especially if you have had a recent update).

I have already tried older AMD drivers and also newer ones, that didn't change anything, I am now back on the one it was running on before without any problems. I have also reinstalled the Microsoft OpenCL™, OpenGL® and Vulkan® Compatibility Pack. But that didn't help either...

• You may need to open a support ticket - I think there is a way to force/rset the compilation of the kernels, but I don't think the details have been made public (possibly because it is not without its drawbacks).

• I just found a solution, I always selected on the OpenCL Device: OpenCLOn12 AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT and it always worked, the other two devices never worked because of some error with gfx1031. But now I tried the others and now it runs with AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing gfx1031.
    Absolutely no idea why it's like this now but the main thing is that it works again and even faster than before. Thanks for trying to help.

• meta662meta662 Posts: 0

Hey Killer,

Got the exact same problem as you, and it has only started occurring recently, except I am not so lucky with your solution above.

I assume many AMD users will face the same issue - "Preparing dForce execution kernels" taking forever. 

My current selected option is OpenCLOn12 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT - this has always worked. However, switching to AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing gfx1031 will only result in "Error Initializing OpenCL kernels".

Will open a support ticket as you mention above @Richard, but in the meantime please let me know if anyone finds a solution.

It's a strange one and hope that AMD does not become obsolete for Daz in the future.

Thanks!

• meta662 said:

Hey Killer,

Got the exact same problem as you, and it has only started occurring recently, except I am not so lucky with your solution above.

Hi,

This only helped me for a short time after the twentieth simulation or so I also got the error “Error Initializing OpenCL kernels” again but fortunately I was able to solve the problem quickly by uninstalling the amd driver and the Microsoft OpenCl compatiblity pack, restarting the pc and then installing the OpenCl package first and then the latest Amd driver and restarting the pc again. After that it worked again with the AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing gfx1031. No more problems since then, even after 100+ simulations. I have absolutely no idea why it didn't work and now it does again, but I hope it will continue to work. Maybe this will also help you if the support has not yet offered you a solution.