dforce help

Hi, is there a way to run dforce on multiple objects/people/clothes without them interacting with each other? I tried running a dforce prop, all good. Then I addeed another and ran simulation again, but the second ended up interacting with the first and ruined them both. Added clothing and that too ended up interfering. What am I doing wrong? How can I habe multiple dforce items interacting without interacting with each other / removing the previous simulation? Thanks!

Comments

• A coupole of options:

Turn on Freeze Simulation in the Parameters pane for the items you don't want to change.

Select the things you do want to simulate (both the things you want to change and the things they should colide with) and use the Simulate Selected command from the Simualtion Settings pane's option menu (the lined/hamburger button in the top corner, or right-click the tab).

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 331

Also you can just hide things and they wont be simulated if they are hidden.  So you can do simulations one at a time. They will steill be affected simulation reset though so careful there.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274
    edited August 30

Collision in dForce is a unique thing... it has to happen if dForce items are all Visible in Simulation and simulated at the same time.. when there'll be a collision physically.

So, if the dForce items in your Scene stay close from each other but are not meant to collide with each, you have to simulate each item one by one rather than all together... i.e. by selecting an item and a collision target if there's any ( floor, table, bed... etc.  ), then right-click on Simulation Settings tab > Simulate Selected.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • ladywolf1ladywolf1 Posts: 123

Tomhip said:

Also you can just hide things and they wont be simulated if they are hidden.  So you can do simulations one at a time. They will steill be affected simulation reset though so careful there.

This worked perfectly! I had no idea >_> 

Thank you all so much! ^^ 

edited August 31

@Richard Haseltine

I'm sorry but I have to say again: this forum sometimes behaves oddly !  When I posted in the thread, I saw nothing but the OP only. I rarely repeat same things if folks already give good suggestions. So I always refreshed the page as well. Nothing but OP + mine.

If I saw your posts, I would've never chimed in at all.  This sort of things happened many times ! Why couldn't I see your posts ?

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,266
    edited August 31

It's not just here, there's actually a word for this posting behaviour of boards: 

"Ninja'd" 

Sometimes [esp if posts are the exact same one might remove their text and put in that word]. We don't worry about it ;-) [or at least I don't, happens often enough]

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • ladywolf1ladywolf1 Posts: 123

crosswind said:

@Richard Haseltine

I'm sorry but I have to say again: this forum sometimes behaves oddly !  When I posted in the thread, I saw nothing but the OP only. I rarely repeat same things if folks already give good suggestions. So I always refreshed the page as well. Nothing but OP + mine.

If I saw your posts, I would've never chimed in at all.  This sort of things happened many times ! Why couldn't I see your posts ?

Unrelated but the other day I posted something, got "bad gateway" error for some min when I refreshed my post was duplicated. Also I never have notifications of any kind, private messagers or answers :/
    (thanks for always being so nice and helpful btw!)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,920

ladywolf1 said:

crosswind said:

@Richard Haseltine

Unrelated but the other day I posted something, got "bad gateway" error for some min when I refreshed my post was duplicated. Also I never have notifications of any kind, private messagers or answers :/

The bad gateway and duplicate posts are a regular thing that happens many times a day. However many times you click the post button it will post that number of posts creating the duplicates which we regularly remove.

Catherine3678ab said:

It's not just here, there's actually a word for this posting behaviour of boards: 

"Ninja'd" 

Sometimes [esp if posts are the exact same one might remove their text and put in that word]. We don't worry about it ;-) [or at least I don't, happens often enough]

It was embarrassing sometimes ~~ but thanks Catherine, it was nice to learn that word, haha ~ cool

ladywolf1 said:

crosswind said:

@Richard Haseltine

As always.. You're welcome ! laugh

• ladywolf1 said:

crosswind said:

@Richard Haseltine

The Gateway timeout usually happens with displaying the page, after the post has been entered. If possible, if I notice signs of a timeout, I copy my post's text and then try going back to the original thread view and refreshing that - almost every time the post has been added to the thread (but there are times when that copied text is a blessing).

• crosswind said:

@Richard Haseltine

All three of us posted within the same fifteen minute window, it's very easy to do.

Richard Haseltine said:

crosswind said:

@Richard Haseltine

All three of us posted within the same fifteen minute window, it's very easy to do.

Thank you ! I'll try without VPN next time. It might be VPN's issue ~~