Having a Problem with Dream Home Dining Room and Great Room Breakfast Nook

I purchased [Dream Home Dining Room and Great Room Breakfast Nook] both of these products ages ago along with, I think, literally all of the rest of the Dream Home. Almost all of the Dream Home loads into a scene properly, however the Dream Home Dining Room is showing up as gray blocks, while the breakfast nook is not showing up at all, although it appears in my content menu. Can anyone help me figure out where the files need to be so that I can get them both working properly again? I've tried uninstalling them and reinstalling them using DIM, but it hasn't worked, and I'm finding it very frustrating. If it helps, I'm moderately tech-savvy, but not especially wise to the mysteries of how DAZ file structures are set up or how they are *supposed* to be set up. 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

I don't have any problems with the Dining Room. The geometry data should be in "[yourLibrary]/data/Jack Tomalin/DH_Din/DH_Din_R/". There is only one file, and the UV Sets folder with one file.

The Breakfast Nook is only the furniture that gets placed in the Great Room's, um, breakfast nook (the northeast corner, when viewed from the front)

• Thanks, man-I'll see if I can make that work properly. The instructions regarding file placement are most appreciated!

• Some of these older sets were originally in .daz format and later updated to use the current .duf format, with diferent support files. If you have newer user-facing files and older assets, or vice versa (very easy to do with a texture expansion) then you may get the blocks issue - but you should then also get a warning message. If theer is no alert then another possibility is that you also have a Connect install, and it hasn't decrypted properly. Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File after loading may show some useful information at the end.

• Hm. Any advice on removing all of the files so that I can do a clean instal? It's entirely possible that I can a connect or even a (god forbid) manual install at some point that is now interfering with properly loading the set. If I zotched those files, would I be right in assuming that a simple DIM install would fix my issues?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

stmercy2020_9aea6b9c04 said:

Hm. Any advice on removing all of the files so that I can do a clean instal? It's entirely possible that I can a connect or even a (god forbid) manual install at some point that is now interfering with properly loading the set. If I zotched those files, would I be right in assuming that a simple DIM install would fix my issues?

No, you need to uninstal the Daz Connect installed files first.

Having installed something manually, does not conflict with DIM installed products. 

• PerttiA said:

stmercy2020_9aea6b9c04 said:

Hm. Any advice on removing all of the files so that I can do a clean instal? It's entirely possible that I can a connect or even a (god forbid) manual install at some point that is now interfering with properly loading the set. If I zotched those files, would I be right in assuming that a simple DIM install would fix my issues?

No, you need to uninstal the Daz Connect installed files first.

Having installed something manually, does not conflict with DIM installed products. 

Unless the two are in different places and the unupdated manual install is found before the DIM.