Transfer Face morphs

I'm trying to create a beard for my G1 figure but it seems I'm doing something wrong since the morphs aren't tranferred correctly.

I did this some other times in the past: I import the OBJ, load the figure, set as Favourite the moprhs I want to transfer and then start the Transfer Utility setting it to transfer the favorited miprhs to the prop, but even if the beard is transferred and perfectly working, the facial morphs aren't trasnferred and nowhere to be find in the beard parameters.

Someone can give me the right procedure for this? Thanks!

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,406

I am not familiar with G1, but does transferring the rigging help (as opposed to just transferring morphs)? Maybe the morphs arent morphs but actually joint controls?

• ImagoImago Posts: 5,060

No, they are morphs. I transferred those morphs in past projects, but it seems I forgot something in the meantime.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,406

Your imported obj is at xyz 0,0,0 before running transfer utiity?  Transforms should be baked/applied before doing transfer.

If you transfer rigging and fit to figure, morphs should be automatically projected on the fly to the fitted figure anyway (at least thats how it works on G8+) so manually transferring them may not be necessary?

edited September 3

The expression morphs aren't transferred without an extra step, that I thought I did.

I load the beard OBJ and the figure, set the desired facial morphs as Favourite. Then I start the Transfer utility and set Genesis as source and the beard as target. Then I set the tool to transfer the favourite morphs and  start the process.

Once finished, the beard is perfect, it follows the head and the neck correctly when I move the char, doesn't stretch abnormally... But the morphs I set as favourite aren't transferred and totally absent on the beard, they aren't even in the Hidden section.

I really can't figure out where I'm doing wrong, other times it worked fine.

Post edited by Imago on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,269
    edited September 3

I just do transferring Morph Targets from time to time on G3+ though I rarely rig the object to fit...at the same time. But I tried what you wanted with G1/G2, it worked as expected.

The head morphs you set to Favorites work on G1 ? And your DS version ?

Post edited by crosswind on

Yes, the morphs works fine on the figure and they are set as Favorite. I tried in DAZ Studio 4.9, 4.21 and 4.22, never succeeded.

For you worked fine? Do you see the transferred moprhs on the prop? As I can remember, once parented to the base figure, some of them must be "activated" by turning on the AutoFollow, then is done.

Could you please tell me which steps you followed to make that? I'm missing something somewhere but I can't find where.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/541750/#Comment_541750

Here, this is the method I'm following, but it seems to not work anymore, sadly.

I did the very same as you did. Pls check the screenshots ~ I'm using 4.22.

SNAG-2024-9-3-021.png
    2560 x 1392 - 909K
    SNAG-2024-9-3-022.png
    2560 x 1392 - 949K

Thanks for the pics, but those aren't facial morphs.

I mean things like the ones in the Visemes sub-menu or the Brows and Mouth groups in the Head.

I need to transfer those, otherwise when the char talks or moves hit mouth, the beard doesn't move.

edited September 3

Imago said:

I mean things like the ones in the Visemes sub-menu or the Brows and Mouth groups in the Head.

I need to transfer those, otherwise when the char talks or moves hit mouth, the beard doesn't move.

Oh... sorry, you meant those ! Then they should be the same but you have to make sure you really set the Morphs per se as Favorites rather than the "Control properties" which are not Morphs but just a Pose Control.

I'm gonna make an example ~

crosswind said:

Imago said:

Oh... sorry, you meant those ! Then they should be the same but you have to make sure you really set the Morphs per se as Favorites rather than the "Control properties" which are not Morphs but just a Pose Control.

I'm gonna make an example ~

I'll recheck that, thanks for the help.

edited September 3

Like these Visemes morphs...

BTW, as an alternative, you don't have to transfer them but just batch set Auto Follow on those "facial morphs" before rigging Beard. Then when you dial facial morphs on G1, you'll get auto-triggerred morphs on the conformers / wearables. (screenshot 4)

SNAG-2024-9-3-023.png
    2560 x 1392 - 697K
    SNAG-2024-9-3-028.png
    2560 x 1392 - 695K
    SNAG-2024-9-3-027.png
    2560 x 1392 - 623K
    SNAG-2024-9-3-029.png
    2560 x 1392 - 663K

Ah, finally it works! Thanks Crosswind! laughwink