New OOT Strand Based Hair Question

I am noticing the the newer OOT strand based hairs make use of the Omni Hair Shader that is compatible with DazStudio 4.22+ Since I don't use that version of Daz Studio, does anyone know if these hairs will still work in DazStudio 4.21 using different hair shaders?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

nabob21

Comments

• nabob21 said:

I am noticing the the newer OOT strand based hairs make use of the Omni Hair Shader that is compatible with DazStudio 4.22+ Since I don't use that version of Daz Studio, does anyone know if these hairs will still work in DazStudio 4.21 using different hair shaders?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

nabob21

i dont know because i didn't try it but if you use another SBH shader that doesn't use Omni, it should in theory work.................but don't take my word for it lol 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,269

You still can use Blended Dual Lobe shader on SBH in 4.21 if Omni fails you. Another practice is that you can easily install the latest DS Public Build to use those hairs with Omni.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 964

Thanks for the replies midgard229 and crosswind. The Blended Dual Lobe shader that crosswind mentioned, is that the hair shader that OOT typically used for many of his previous hair products?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,269

nabob21 said:

Thanks for the replies midgard229 and crosswind. The Blended Dual Lobe shader that crosswind mentioned, is that the hair shader that OOT typically used for many of his previous hair products?

The Blended Dual Lobe Shader is the shader that was typically used on Strand-Based Hair before Omni shader was released. You can find it in the product : dForce Starter Essentials.

Previous OOT's hair producs are just transmapped hairs, and OOT used a shader: OOT Hair Blending that was customized themselves.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 964

Thanks again crosswind.