Released : "Wet And Tanned Skins For Genesis 9" (Commercial)

V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,105
edited September 6 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Find it here : Wet And Tanned Skins For Genesis 9 | Daz 3D

Wet And Tanned Skins For Genesis 9 is  finally coming! Based on the same, but improved, principle of the wet and tanned version for Genesis 8, with more bonuses and features. Control the tan, tan lines, and wet look of your figures like never before. Here is as a summary of what you will find:

• The ability to browse easily wide ranges of skin tones, from super pale to super tanned,
  • The ability to adjust the wet looks from dry to super wet, with or without drops or drips,
  • Based on a custom made shader relying on the PBRSkin shader,
  • All the tans (+skin tones) and wet look effects can be made three ways, depending on what you prefer :
    • via partial or full presets, or
    • via a simple global control interface,
    • or via the surfaces editor (enter “tan” for tan or tan lines, and “wet” for the wet layers)
    • with even more possibilities for the wet looks (partial presets with 2 wet layers and/or 2 other additional methods and/or Geometry Shells)
    • All this so that you can really create your look using the method you prefer.
  • Volume tan boosters were also included as bonuses
  • Two wet layers and several wet maps are included for each layer, you can control amount and various other aspect of wet look to adjust it to your lights if necessary (maps and maps strengths, roughness, exponent, grazing and normal factors)
  • Additional “Fast Wet” methods were included as bonuses (based on metallic flakes or on the dual lobe and normal properties).
  • All the wet layers are now also available as Geometry shells if you prefer. Fast wet, Geometry Shells and Tan boosters can be used on even non converted figures.
  • Tans and skin tones sub-tools include lightness, saturation and hue controls associated with tan boosters (Base and Volume) and translucency weights tools. They also include a huge amount of full presets to cover a wide range of initial figures, lighting, and desired tan.
  • Many tan lines patterns are provided, both male based and female based even if you can apply female patterns to male and inversely, and once they are applied, you can adjust the tan lines saturation, lightness and hue.
  • Tan lines can be applied directly or combined as overlays to build more complex tan lines patterns.
  • Even if most the users will probably not try this, I mention here that the shader mixer shader is made “like in photoshop” were layers can be used above each other with different mix (saturation, hue, blend, lightness, color burn, etc..) allowing to create their own unique skin tones and effects via the Surfaces Editor.
  • Genitalia support (shader transfer and correct maps application) is included by scripts (one male,  one female) which will handle everything except the tan lines (but you have the tan lines presets for the Genitalia available for almost all tan lines patterns for the gender the tan lines were made.).
  • Two documentations, one 2 pages for people in a hurry, and one “big” for the most curious.

Compatible with your Genesis 9 figures.

Feel free to use this post or PM for feedback, remarks or questions.

REMARKS :

- on the release day, I'm not 100% satisfied with the metadata where "main scripts" folder should have been first (instead you/I presently have the bonuses folders at the top of the folders/options, and they should be at the end). I may ask Daz for a metadata change later on. It does not impact how the product works, I'd just like them to be more straighforward for the users.

- There are tons of options, so don't get lost : main script first for conversion, then either global interface. If you prefer working with presets go for or partial or full tan (+ tan lines) presets, then wet partial presets (and/or geometry shells). Just read the names of the folders in the metadata - I personally prefer to work in the Content Library folder where the subfolders are exactly sorted the optimal way for the most comfortable development.

I won’t show all the images here because I there are too many, so only a few of them here. You can click on the images to enlarge. You can also click the image bottom of this post that I did not enlarge in this text.

edit : additional mention : recommended to install with DIM (or manually).

Wet And Tanned Skins for Genesis 9 main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 149K
Wet And Tanned Skins for Genesis 9 popup 01.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 256K
Wet And Tanned Skins for Genesis 9 popup 02.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 203K
Wet And Tanned Skins for Genesis 9 popup 03.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 233K
Wet And Tanned Skins for Genesis 9 popup 04.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 182K
Wet And Tanned Skins for Genesis 9 popup 10.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 173K
Wet And Tanned Skins for Genesis 9 popup 10 G9 Male Patterns Tan Lines FIRST.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 139K
Wet And Tanned Skins for Genesis 9 popup 18 G9 Female Patterns Tan Lines V.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 159K
Wet And Tanned Skins for Genesis 9 popup 19 G9 Compare Old Sun.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 192K
Wet And Tanned Skins for Genesis 9 popup 30.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 131K
Wet And Tanned Skins for Genesis 9 popup 29.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 245K
Wet And Tanned Skins for Genesis 9 popup 27.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 268K
Wet And Tanned Skins for Genesis 9 popup 24.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 265K
Wet And Tanned Skins for Genesis 9 popup 31.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 174K
Wet And Tanned Skins for Genesis 9 popup 25 Final Imgess.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 145K
Wet And Tanned Skins for Genesis 9 popup 24 Swimmingjpg.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 248K
Post edited by V3Digitimes on

Comments

• Wow, this looks awesome, something I might actually buy while I wait patiently for Meshgrabber 4

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,105

I'm also patiently waiting for Meshgrabber4...Thanks very much for this nice feedback....

• tuPadr3tuPadr3 Posts: 23

looks great

Thanks a lot! And it's here as your new Golden Ticket : Wet And Tanned Skins For Genesis 9 | Daz 3D

• ElorElor Posts: 1,141

V3Digitimes said:

And it's here as your new Golden Ticket : Wet And Tanned Skins For Genesis 9 | Daz 3D

Thank you!

It feels like Christmas in September laugh

• ''

''And it's here as your new Golden Ticket : Wet And Tanned Skins For Genesis 9 | Daz 3D''

Thankyou for your generosity . . . . cool

Elor said:

V3Digitimes said:

And it's here as your new Golden Ticket : Wet And Tanned Skins For Genesis 9 | Daz 3D

Thank you!

It feels like Christmas in September laugh

You're welcome... Thank you Santa! XD

dijidave_a64850a362 said:

''

''And it's here as your new Golden Ticket : Wet And Tanned Skins For Genesis 9 | Daz 3D''

Thankyou for your generosity . . . . cool

You're welcome. I hope people will enjoy it :)
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,696
    edited September 6

Ooh very very nice, thank you so much!

Edit: I just bought it, the many many options are amazing! It seems really a great product. Thanks so much for putting it out here as a Golden Ticket.

Post edited by tsroemi on

You're welcome !

• Purchased, downloaded and installed as soon as I saw this in the store! I know what I'll be doing this weekend, reading the full documentation laugh

Quick question, is it possible to apply wet skin to just the body, e.g. not the neck and face?

Thank you for this!

Thanks for your support. Note that you have a 2 pages documentations if you don't feel like reading and something like 30 or 40 additional pages if you feel like reading. The two pages mini docs come from you making me such a remark almost each time, you should be proud :)

The wet is applied by default everywhere, yet, you can set manually the Wet Base Strength to 0 or increase the wet roughness on the surfaces you want (face) via the Surface Editor Pane (said differenty, you can switch off the wet on any "Surface" of Genesis 9 you want). You can find easily the wet strength using "wet" as the "enter text to filter by" line.  This was if you are using the shader version. If you are using a shell, you can set the head to off (in the shell settings of parameters pane). In both cases the transition wet-dry may be sharp (it depends a lot on how you setup your light). In this case the solution is, if you are familiar with painting, to paint a black and white grandient mask (in blender, 3dcoat, substance painter, zbrush, photoshop, well where you prefer) between neck and face that you will use as multiply overlay with the wet layer strength. But before doing this, I would if I were you rather adjust the lights to see if the transition dry-wet on the face can be tricked this way with a low wet weight on the face. At the end, I could make an add-on with wet masks to define various wet and dry areas which would be compatible with all the wet looks provided, which could be overlayed to create more complex wet-dry areas (like for the tan lines). But first just try to lower the wet strength on the head, or increase the wet roughness maybe it will be enough for what you want.

• MissLeahMissLeah Posts: 51

Wow! Thank you so much V3Digitimes! I knew when I saw you post the coming soon that I'd pick this up, but I didn't expect it to be the golden ticket item! What a wonderful Friday surprise! I have lots of your products and use them all the time, including the wet and tanned skin product for G8.1. Love it! Somehow, I don't have the one for G8 yet, so I'll grab that one too. Thank you for your hard work and your excellent customer support!

You're welcome. I really appreciate your message this warms my heart. i'm glad you love Genesis 8.1 wet and tanned skins, you will see the Genesis 9 version is even better with now even more wet maps, and wet maps available both via Geoshells and/or via shader depending on your preferences. I hope you'll love it too. Thanks again for your support :)

•   Hi there, I only use Filament drawstyle at this point. Questions : how much of this product creates visable results in the Filament viewport and what doesn't? And how much would that probably slow down an animated figure in realtime? Thanks smiley / peace

edited September 8
    Consder it as an iray product only. You would probably be very disappointed using it with filament. My computer is not available right now to check it but my intuition is that most of the shader mixer features allowing the wet or tan looks are iray only, not filament. Edit : concerning animations using the shader only features in iray (not the shells for wet) has either no or positive effects on ender speed (using iray)
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,696

One thing I'm noticing from the promos alone is how much more alive the characters look with the Wet Shaders applied. Most skins look really dry, even with some shine applied, and this is so much more natural. I'll definitely experiment to try and get a variant that doesn't look really wet / sweaty but merely naturally shiny, but maybe this would be an idea for an expansion as well? Settings for a naturally 'alive' look that would be reduced only to certain areas, like the T-Zone in the face? 

tsroemi said:

One thing I'm noticing from the promos alone is how much more alive the characters look with the Wet Shaders applied. Most skins look really dry, even with some shine applied, and this is so much more natural. I'll definitely experiment to try and get a variant that doesn't look really wet / sweaty but merely naturally shiny, but maybe this would be an idea for an expansion as well? Settings for a naturally 'alive' look that would be reduced only to certain areas, like the T-Zone in the face? 

First, thanks a lot for this feedback. That's a nice idea you have here, and that is perfectly aligned with the idea of DoctorJellybean a few posts above. Both ideas consist in " black/white/greylevel" masking the wet look strength with "wet strength" modulation maps. Technically I could do this with maps either applying directly or overlapping (in order to build more exact "wet locations and/or intensities" by overlaying different "wet distribution maps"). Then the "total" amount of wet would still be very easy to handle since it would remain one cursor only. I have to think about this ideas and make some tests to see if any real additional value can be reached for the users. Thanks for this idea which made me more sure this was something I had to investigate.
  • V3Digitimes    Thanks for your transparency! (pardon the pun) actually I'm still considering getting it for the transparencies/bump/normals, cause it might be useful in my limited expectations. Since Filament has some use of the Iray shader, I finally tried out "Wet Body Iray" for G3F by SimonWM, and not even taking the time to read the instructions just started experimenting with loading those bump or opacity maps on a geo shell and playing with the opacity, metalicity, dual lobe, glossiness, etc., it was pretty useful IMO. Nothing like a long render, of course. I switched to Iray viewport, to see how nice it might be, and it looked like there weren't any shells applied! surprise (I'm clueless with Iray) Question : would your gamma adjustment be visable in Filament viewport , as in making a skin more pale? (if you have a chance to test) Thanks for responding! / smiley/ peace

edited September 9

@3DmentiaNull : I just tested to confirm what I thought : in FILAMENT you have no impact of the tan/tan lines settings in the viewport. This is really an "Iray made for and optimized for" product.

• V3Digitimes    Thanks for testing!  /yes/ peace