Murt's Place [WIP] UPDATE

Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,122
edited September 16 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hello beautiful people, and welcome to Murt's Place. I'm putting the finishing touches on this now, so I figured it was safe to show a few shots. These are daytime shots with the sun streaming through the large wall of windows, but I'll be posting some night time shots very soon (added). Murt's Place was inspired by several real-world bars, and is designed to be super customizable. Nothing is welded in place, and you can change the layout, rearrange the furnishings and decor, move the lights, change colors, etc. Add your own pieces from your own prop collection, and make something uniquely your own. Murt's Place can be a neighborhood dive bar. Take away the televisions, old-school video games and the POS terminals, and Murt's Place feels straight from the 1960's. Get rid of the pool table, add some spotlights and a Jazz band, and Murt's Place is a Jazz bar. Murt's place is also designed to be rich in places to shoot portraits and fashion style shots, and there is a wealth of interesting nooks and corners. Anyway, yadda yadda yadda, here are some shots. If there's anything you'd like to see closer, let me know in the comments:

9/16/2024 UPDATE: This set has high resolution textures on practically everything. In fact, when the full scene with everything in it is loaded, it uses almost 8k of GPU texture memory. This is no problem if you've got a high-end GPU, but since most people don't, I've made it so that every single prop and subset comes with a lower resolution version. The full scene loaded in the lower resolution, uses under 4k of GPU texure memory. For most scenes, the only objects that need higher resolution textures, are those close to the camera, so you'll be able to swap those out for their higher resolution versions on the fly, and still render everything without breaking the bank. In addition, almost everything in the set is built from instances, so it's very geometry light and renders very quickly. So if you were gazing at these pictures and thinking "good heavens, look at all those 4k textures, my GPU will catch on fire" don't worry, I've got you covered. :)

Murt's Place WIP 01.png
1462 x 873 - 2M
Murt's Place WIP 02.png
1462 x 873 - 3M
Murt's Place WIP 04.png
1462 x 873 - 2M
Murt's Place WIP 05.png
1462 x 873 - 2M
Murt's Place WIP 03.png
1462 x 873 - 2M
Murt's Place WIP 06.png
1462 x 873 - 2M
Murt's Place WIP 07.png
1462 x 873 - 2M
Murt's Place WIP 08.png
1462 x 873 - 2M
Murt's Place WIP 10.png
1462 x 873 - 2M
Murt's Place WIP 11.png
1462 x 873 - 2M
Murt's Place WIP 12.png
1462 x 873 - 3M
Murt's Place WIP 13.png
1462 x 873 - 3M
Murt's Place WIP 14.png
1462 x 873 - 2M
Post edited by Those Things on

Comments

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 746

Wow!!! You've clearly put a lot of detail and love into that! Looks awesome, and I can't wait to play with it!

• Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,122

SilverGirl said:

Wow!!! You've clearly put a lot of detail and love into that! Looks awesome, and I can't wait to play with it!

Thank you so much, SilverGirl! 

• LauritaLaurita Posts: 212

Sometimes you wanna go
    Where everybody knows your name
    And they're always glad you came

:-D

Laurita said:

Sometimes you wanna go
    Where everybody knows your name
    And they're always glad you came

:-D

Norm! :D 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,870

That looks great! How long I've waited for someone to do an environment like this that didn't need days of set design. The brick looks fabulous too. Thanks for all the fictional brands of liquor. Are the lights outside the window in promos 11 and 13 included?

xyer0 said:

That looks great! How long I've waited for someone to do an environment like this that didn't need days of set design. The brick looks fabulous too. Thanks for all the fictional brands of liquor. Are the lights outside the window in promos 11 and 13 included?

Thank you! The light lights outside are are just an HDRI. If I'm not mistaken, Cyberpunkcity #4 from this product: Prometheus HDRI | Daz 3D  It was on sale one day for under five bucks and I couldn't resist. Turns out I use it alllll the time when I need night time city lights outside of windows. 

Thanks for the recommendation and also for the video games. You obviously put a lot of thought and work into this. I hope Daz will release it in a position to succeed.

• Now this is looking really good.

Can i ask has it got an enterance from the street?

myotherworld said:

Now this is looking really good.

Can i ask has it got an enterance from the street?

Thank you! Alas, it's just an interior environment, so nothing modeled on the outside. That said, the walls and doors carry their textures outside, so someone creative could probably bash an entrance with parts from another set.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,020

Looks great.

• I need this today!

I don't see the front door lol. But yes, an exterior would have been the icing on the cake.

DoctorJellybean said:

I need this today!

I don't see the front door lol. But yes, an exterior would have been the icing on the cake.

The front entry hallway, and the entrance door, are in #12 above! 

James_H said:

Looks great.

Thank you! 

Update in the OP!

• Those Things said:

Update in the OP!

It is good to know, thank you. That will be very helpful indeed.

You have a done a wonderful thing with the double texture option. Thank you!