Strange effect with ultimate make-up

Hello ! I don't know if I should post this here or in the Technical Help (nuts n bolts) section, sorry for the inconvenience if I used the wrong from.

I'm using https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-make-up-for-genesis-8-female-s and I have this strange behavior while loading the make-up on some of my models. This library is working well on others models like Genesis 8 basic female. Example : G8_OK

But in other models, the ones I'm using, I have this result : G8_2_KO

Here is the problem : there is a strange border that doesn't match either the lips color nor the face color.

When the gloss option is not added, I have this result : G8_2_KO_base_withouth_gloss

I would like to know why this problem occurs, which elements could I give you to help me ?

G8_OK.png
1280 x 720 - 1M
G8_2_KO.png
1280 x 720 - 799K
G8_2_KO_base_withouth_gloss.png
1280 x 720 - 841K

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205
    edited September 9

I don't have it.

But looking at the product it must be applied as LIE either in Base Color and potentially Translucency, or in Diffuse Overlay. If you left-click an image you can select Layered Image Editor. And if there then is more than one layer, it is where the product is applied.

And looking in the file list there is a lipmask, which should determin (limit) where the color/effect is applied. And it looks like the lip mask is missing.

You could try to look in the surface tab > Lips, and see how the surface settings differentiate from the original.

Is it characters with geoshells?

Post edited by felis on
  • ElliandraElliandra Posts: 519

Morning Stan!
    Another thing to check for would be that you are using Genesis 8 Female characters and not Genesis 8.1 Female characters as they have different UV Mapping on the heads.
    Elli

• Thank you for the time you took to answer me,

Yes I tried to apply the make-up materials on default Genesis 8 with Geoshell(s) on and didn't get the problem. Also, I tried it on different 8 and 8.1 models and the effect appears mostly on G8 models. If all my models are Iray Uber (and not PBR), it looks like the problem appears only on "old" G8 models. As a solution, I will note the skin materials I have in my library tht works with makeup and only use them. But this is really curious.