Hair deforming over ears G8F (solved)

DefaultNameDefaultName Posts: 388

Hi, I've been making more fantasy based characters (elves, tieflings, etc) that have funny ears, long ears, and more. I have a hard time though because so many hair assets I use for them wrap around the ears, which are made via morphs. It doesn't look good and I wish there was an easy way to resolve it.

I'm assuming instead of fitting them, I can just parent to the head at a zeroed position, but I've been curious for a while if Daz had any other built in solution to this? It'd only stand to reason given how many fantasy morphs there are. Thank you for any advice!

(My apologies, I should've Google'd first) https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/523201/hair-and-elf-ears-how-do-i-stop-this-problem-solved

Post edited by DefaultName on

Comments

• ElorElor Posts: 1,140
    edited September 11

With the hair selected, if you show the currently used morphs with Show Hidden Properties, you'll likely find a morph automatically created to take into account the ears. If it's the case, just dial it back to 0% and the hairs will stop following the ears.

An example, first with the hair just fitted on the character, showing the Rachelle Vamp Ears morph (the name will depend on the ears morph you're using):

now, how the hair looks when the hidden morph dialed at 0%:

If you don't remember how to show the hidden properties, you get this menu by clicking on the three lines icon:

hidden_morph.jpg
    1198 x 837 - 194K
    hidden_morph_at_0.jpg
    644 x 694 - 117K
    hidden_properties.jpg
    445 x 304 - 31K
    Post edited by Elor on