Can I untie the knot of the bathrobe and spread the collar?

seongilkim0107seongilkim0107 Posts: 11

Hello Daz3D users

I'm not sure if there is a system in place to directly contact the manufacturer.

I would like to know if it is possible to untie the knot of the bathrobe.

Is it possible to untie the knot and spread the collar to the sides?

If anyone knows the answer, I would really appreciate your response.

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-hc-bathrobe-for-genesis-8-females

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,465
    edited September 12

Moved to Technical Help as it is a question about a specific product, not a suggestion or search for an unknown/unmade item.

The robe does not directly support that, no - however, it isn't welded shut so you could turn off Visible to Simulation for the belt in the Surfaces pane (or just use the Geometry Editor to remove it or, if you wanted the option to show it, assign it to a new group, add a new bone to the figure - Joint Editor - and assign the belt's group as the nw bone's Selection Set via Tool Settings). Then you would need to tell simulation to apply to the rest of the robe - currently a weight map is excluding the area around the belt, and some other areas, so you would need Create>New dForce Modifier Weight Node then with the Node Weightmap Brush tool seelct the non-belt surfacs (right-click menu>Geometry Selection>Select By>Surface) and fianlly right-click>Weight Editing>Fill Selected and give a value of 100%. That works, at least on a quick test. You could add a stretched plane as a repalcement belt and simulate that, probably most easily if it was on the floor.

For this I rotated the figure forward 90 degrees, otherwise the robe only slides against itself - but it does show that the opening can be done fairly easily.

HC bathrobe open.jpg
    854 x 1024 - 75K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,271

...and you can further refine the shape / mesh in external application (e.g. Blender) if possible.