visual menus freezing daz

visual menus freezing daz

when i click the shortcut key or double clicked to open the menu i made daz freezes

i uninstalled it, it is not found in IM to reinstall can someone tell me how to reinstall-from where is it done? thanks

Comments

• One option:  Open your DAZ account and pick tab _your products library.
    Use filter: visual or VisualMenu (no space or won't show)
    DL available as manual.  DIM also shows there.
    Didn't check my DIM itself, but assume there. That should be option 2, but i don't use DIM to DL/install scripts.
    'Smart Content' can't say.

Hopefully a reinstall works for you.  
    Have had VM freeze DS or something similar.  That was years ago.
    Thinking the fix was redoing/rehooking some of the icons.
    Think had changed a file location, and VM was stuck resolving unique_ids for icons.
    Otherwise VM has never frozen over the years and years, despite many different DS beta versions.

fyi: Did not update to latest DS beta.  But had beta prior to that i believe.  A DS code change could break the script if you are on latest DS beta .20*?  Hope dearly that's not the case.
    Changelog for last many months seems mostly focussed on UI stuff, and VM works with some parts of that.  Did not look at changelog from VM perspective, and if potentially affected.
    Unsure what version of DS you are running.

This below now is just an addon idea, or an option for VM.

VM is a script file (.dse)
    Suggest manual and put where you put all scripts.  Lots of handy custom scripts are around and speed up productivity, like VM.
    If custom location for scripts, make sure you've added that location to your content manager
    Refresh folder where you put .dse, then should see it

Cannot remember if VM was added auto as a custom action. 

If not,
    Add as custom action, and suggest add to toolbar you use (press f3 to start process)
    then click VisualMenus on toolbar
    then make memorable shortcuts for various VMs (if not doing that already).

here's also main product discussion, if anyone needs more
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/293141/released-visualmenus-commercial

• VicSVicS Posts: 1,273
    edited September 17

thanks Saxa -- SD

i dragged manual install folder into daz library, (dont know where else to drag it into) content library  shows VM still greyed out did refresh and right click install did nothing-also restarted

now i dragged folder into scripts, visual menus floder was still there, i deleted it, now it is just called content, should i remane it?

whatever it is still nothing happens, still cannot install in content library through right click/install

thanks

wont show up in DIM

2024-09-17_131835.png
    1895 x 860 - 104K
    Post edited by VicS on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,262

That was not a correct "dragging" ~ You should've clicked into Content folder in IM package and dragg both Runtime and Scripts folders into the Root directory of your Daz Library.

SNAG-2024-9-18-019.png
    2091 x 1310 - 166K
    edited September 18

did what you said Crosswind still nothing hsppened though

thanks

2024-09-17_152201.png
    1867 x 916 - 136K
    Post edited by VicS on

If so, you have to either: check if the custom action on the script menu is correct or not... (screenshot 1) or Create new custom action again... (screenshot 2)

SNAG-2024-9-18-021.png
    1231 x 1001 - 141K
    SNAG-2024-9-18-024.png
    524 x 1350 - 127K

VM launch cannot be expanded-VM,,,,this is as far as i could get

2024-09-17_162950.png
    756 x 971 - 405K

If Action settings are correctly but GUID, shortcuts... etc. were broken for some reason (unintallation, DS crash...), then they don't work... I'm afraid you have to re-create one to see if it'll work.

crosswind would you by any chance be available to help me on a discord screen share perhaps? I cant live without the VM

VicS said:

crosswind would you by any chance be available to help me on a discord screen share perhaps? I cant live without the VM

PM me your discord ~

awesome, I sent you a PM