Anatomical Elements system destroyed?

dream-weaverdream-weaver Posts: 123

I was in the middle of refining a female Gen 9 character, just some minor morphs, when I did another quick test render and all of a sudden the genitalia came out greenish.
I had this problem a few times before (every now and then), but I could easily solve it via deleting the anatomical element from the figure, reapplying it and also reapplying its texture.

But this it is not working anymore. The problem persists for all characters, Gen 8 and Gen 9, existing ones, newly loaded figures etc. even after restarting not only DAZ but the PC as well.

The problem seems to be that the default genitalia does not getting blend out after applying the anatomical element. Usually when you apply genitalia and switch it off in the scene tab there is a hole. But that is no longer the case. And as a result, all genitalia appear greenish.

What the hell happened here?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Which tool is active (Tools menu)? If it is one of the content creation tools, such as hte Geometry Editor, switch back to a posing tool, such as the Universal tool.

• OMG, thank you.

That's it. How can something like this be so disruptive?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,395

Well the Geometry editor is the tool you use to setup geografts like the genitals, when it's active the original mesh will be visible so you can select the polygons which will be hidden by the geograft.

For the record, having one of the content creation tools active will also prevent dForce hair from rendering.

• dream-weaverdream-weaver Posts: 123
    edited September 17

Yeah, actually it was the mesh grabber.

Post edited by dream-weaver on