macOS Sequoia

Has anyone been brave enough to try DAZ Sudio on the new macOS 15.0?  Got to love those x.0 releases. :)

Lloyd

Comments

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,926

If DAZ Studio is your main application and you are prefering iray rendering, stay away from Mac or any AMD GPUs, for they are not supported by the iray render engine.
    You will need a NVidea GPU instead.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,387

As someone who does work on a Mac and currently using Sequoia, it is working fine (with the usual touchiness with menu items that hopefully will be fixed in DS 5).

• ElorElor Posts: 1,140

nemesis10 said:

As someone who does work on a Mac and currently using Sequoia, it is working fine (with the usual touchiness with menu items that hopefully will be fixed in DS 5).

So as stable / unstable as it was in Sonoma, which mean less stable that it was in Ventura ?

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,387

Elor said:

nemesis10 said:

So as stable / unstable as it was in Sonoma, which mean less stable that it was in Ventura ?

About that level... it is an issue with how it handles menus... with careful planning, I have found it workable (i do all the menu stuff first like adding smoothing attributes or using a eye posing script then do stuff like simulations); other than that I found it works fine.

• lloyflloyf Posts: 30

So I took the plunge and upgraded to Sequoia and the new version of DAZ Studio.  I know bad idea updating two things at the same time.  It does seem Studio is more likely to fail to launch than before, sometimes it takes three or more attempts to launch.  Not sure which, if either, is the cause (back to the bad idea of making two changes at the same time).

The menu behavior seems to have changed.  I am not seeing the "ghosting" of the menu items any more.  I could still make it crash by moving around in the menus a lot with out selecting anything.  I am not sure if this is an improvement as with the "ghosting" there was an indication bad things were about to happen.

Overall there really isn't that much of a change so I won't try to revert either.

Lloyd

• lloyf said:

So I took the plunge and upgraded to Sequoia and the new version of DAZ Studio.  I know bad idea updating two things at the same time.  It does seem Studio is more likely to fail to launch than before, sometimes it takes three or more attempts to launch.  Not sure which, if either, is the cause (back to the bad idea of making two changes at the same time).

The menu behavior seems to have changed.  I am not seeing the "ghosting" of the menu items any more.  I could still make it crash by moving around in the menus a lot with out selecting anything.  I am not sure if this is an improvement as with the "ghosting" there was an indication bad things were about to happen.

Overall there really isn't that much of a change so I won't try to revert either.

Lloyd

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_22_1_216

• On macOS 14+, the main menu bar for the application has been moved from the system menu bar to inside the main window (like the Windows version)

• This is a workaround for a conflict between Qt and macOS that causes an infinite loop to be entered into and ultimately a crash

• I have installed MacOS Sequoia (Official Release) on Mac Mini M2.

Sequoia runs a bit smoother than Sonoma and the “DAZ-Menu-Problem“ is fixed.

DAZ 4.22.0.16, 4.22.0.19 and 4.22.1.202 with no Problems on Mac Mini M2 (Sequoia).

• Notice: DAZ-Applications and Database are on external SSD.