SY dForce Magic particles breaking my lights

Paper TigerPaper Tiger Posts: 91

Just tried to use [SY dForce Magic] his particles for the first time, and whenever i add the dForce particle prop, all lights in the scene become inactive. Ghost lights, spot lights, point lights, everything. Everything *except* for the luminance produced by the magic particles. I've combed through surfaces and parameters, and can't seem to find a cause. Anyone have any ideas?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to techncial help as it is a product, rather thana daz Studio application, topic.

This https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-sy-iray-magic-for-genesis-8 ? Which are you using?

• Paper TigerPaper Tiger Posts: 91
    edited September 24

Sorry, lost track of the thread. Yeah, that's the one. Works great in all aspects except for killing all other lights. I've ramped spotlights up to hundreds of millions in luminance, with no change, iray preview doesn't even flicker as if it recognized a change at all. Aside from the particles themselves, it does seem to also allow lighting from HDRIs to stay in the scene, but nothing else seems to be visible, unless i hide the dforce magic prop.

Post edited by Paper Tiger on
  • And which exact file is causing this? Or one example, if there are several.