Phenotypes for DAZ horse3

What about these two products on sale today ?

Opinions about thes would be appreciated

FF's Equus Vitam Poses for Horse 3 and Phenotypes for Horse 3
Artist: FeralFey
Phenotypes for DAZ Horse 3 by: Lyrra Madril, 3D Models by Daz 3D

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,554

The Phenotypes for DAZ Horse 3 is basically more morphs options to get different breeds, including a foal and a donkey. You need it for some other products.

The other one is basically a large set of poses, some of which are specific to breed and requires the first product.

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,924

Yes. Lyrra made the morphs to expand the Daz Horse 3 figure and she asked me to make poses for it. So I made a pose set for the Horse 3 figure and then tailored pose presets for nine of the phenotype shapes in the Phenotypes for Horse 3 set. My idea was to make a series of poses that exemplify the life of a horse from waking up to laying down and everything in between. The "mare and foal" poses are a two-figure vignette pose where the "mare" figure is either the Horse 3 female shape (or the phenotype equivalent) and the "foal" shape is the phenotype foal shape blended with the shape of the mare. In the case of the Foal shape only two-figure vignettes, it's more a yearling and a foal arrangement. (Hope this makes sense. If you look at the illustrative/technical promos I did, it should make better sense.)

Given how popular the poses for H3 and the Phenotypes for Horse 3 have done (and I am DEEPLY grateful to everyone who purchased the poses!) I'm considering doing a rider/Horse/Phenotypes for Horse 3 vignette pose set also using the different G9 shapes, so you get a wide variety of situations (dwarf riding the dwarf horse; giant riding the massive horse; and maybe vice versa *snickers*). But we'll see if this is something customers want to see or not. Meanwhile, I've got a stack of other projects to finish building first. ;)

• FeralFey said:

Yes. Lyrra made the morphs to expand the Daz Horse 3 figure and she asked me to make poses for it. So I made a pose set for the Horse 3 figure and then tailored pose presets for nine of the phenotype shapes in the Phenotypes for Horse 3 set. My idea was to make a series of poses that exemplify the life of a horse from waking up to laying down and everything in between. The "mare and foal" poses are a two-figure vignette pose where the "mare" figure is either the Horse 3 female shape (or the phenotype equivalent) and the "foal" shape is the phenotype foal shape blended with the shape of the mare. In the case of the Foal shape only two-figure vignettes, it's more a yearling and a foal arrangement. (Hope this makes sense. If you look at the illustrative/technical promos I did, it should make better sense.)

Given how popular the poses for H3 and the Phenotypes for Horse 3 have done (and I am DEEPLY grateful to everyone who purchased the poses!) I'm considering doing a rider/Horse/Phenotypes for Horse 3 vignette pose set also using the different G9 shapes, so you get a wide variety of situations (dwarf riding the dwarf horse; giant riding the massive horse; and maybe vice versa *snickers*). But we'll see if this is something customers want to see or not. Meanwhile, I've got a stack of other projects to finish building first. ;)

Anything horse-related goes straight into my cart. smiley 

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,554

I second Paulawp's statement lol

• Lyrra MadrilLyrra Madril Posts: 275

Phenotypes adds a bunch of mixer morphs, some of them built in an unusual way. Theres a bunch of premixed shapes as well to make it easier, so you can have a foal or a pony right out of the box.  So its a good mixer set with whatever morphs youve got already. Works pretty well with everything I've tried it on already. Most geografts aree fine, but Slepiner does some very nightmare fuel things lol be warned

FF's Equus Vitam Poses are a nice set of horse poses, with some paired poses for the mare and foal.  Plus variations for the Phenotypes shapes, since the little dwarf horse at 20 inches tall and the 9 foot tall Massive draft horse pose very differrently.

Sorry about the delay .. I tried to post this the other day but it looks like it didnt post. Dratted thing.

So since I've got the horsey people's attention for a moment  :)  .. any clothing / tack wearable type things you feel are missing for Horse 3?

LM

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,325
    edited 5:16AM

Lyrra Madril said:

Phenotypes adds a bunch of mixer morphs, some of them built in an unusual way. Theres a bunch of premixed shapes as well to make it easier, so you can have a foal or a pony right out of the box.  So its a good mixer set with whatever morphs youve got already. Works pretty well with everything I've tried it on already. Most geografts aree fine, but Slepiner does some very nightmare fuel things lol be warned

FF's Equus Vitam Poses are a nice set of horse poses, with some paired poses for the mare and foal.  Plus variations for the Phenotypes shapes, since the little dwarf horse at 20 inches tall and the 9 foot tall Massive draft horse pose very differrently.

Sorry about the delay .. I tried to post this the other day but it looks like it didnt post. Dratted thing.

So since I've got the horsey people's attention for a moment  :)  .. any clothing / tack wearable type things you feel are missing for Horse 3?

LM

My kingdom for a halter and a lead rope. It would be really cool to have a real-life assortment, featuring a traditional nice leather construction and materials, your basic bright colored nylon halter and lead rope, and a rope halter.  

It'd be extra snazzy if the lead rope were dforce and there were basic hand poses for the person leading or holding the horse.  laugh And ... oooh!  ... to tie the horse.

(Not a render, lol. He's one of my real-life horses modeling a very typical nylon halter and lead rope.)

A bareback pad could be nice too.

Check out State Line Tack for ideas on what these would look like.

halter.jpg
    952 x 689 - 192K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) at
  • MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 267

A western style hitching post and reins that tie up around it would be cool, the sort that stands in front of most saloons in western films