Adding morphs to clothing

KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello, I am working on my first kids 4 shirt and have a couple of question.

Mainly, how do I add morphs to the shirt so if i change the kids weight to heavy the shirt changes with the kids?

Also, what do I save the shirt as so other's can use it?

Thanks
Kimberly

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,700
    edited December 1969

DS will create morphs for you if you use Transfer Active Morphs (on automatically for Genesis, needs to be turned on via-right-click for older figures). Those will be far from perfect, but in many cases they will be good enough to form the basis of the final morph with some adjustment in your modeller - and some may be usable as is. To update a generated morph with an adjusted morph you need to use Morph Loader Pro, make sure you give it the same internal name as the figure morph and the auto-clothing morph, and in the options for Overwrite existing choose Deltas Only (right-click to change the option).

If the shirt is for Genesis, save with File>Save as>Support Asset>Figure prop Assets, if it's for Kids 4 use File>Export and set the type to CR2 (note that for that you need the OBJ to be Poser-scale).

• KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

Thanks, this is very helpful. I watching and reading tutors on the morph loader today.

edited December 1969

Hi, I have been reading tutors and watch videos but I have some question.

First, this is where I am at in my learning daz. I am using Kids 4 and I have a shirt that fits. I want to be able to add morphs to the shirt so that when someone change the body shape of the kids 4, the can also change the shirts shape or it auto change with the kids 4.

1) What is the difference in Morph Loader Advanced and Loader Pro? Which should I be trying to learn to do what I want with the kids 4 shirt?

2) Is there a tutor here http://www.youtube.com/user/WWWDAZ3DCOM on this stuff. If so I missed it.

3) I have been reading at http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/?do=googlecustomsearch&id=Morph but can’t even figure out which tutor is right for daz 4.5.0.114. Suggestions?

4) I get I have to load the kids 4 morphs. (at least I think that is correct.) a) Where do I find the morphs to load. b) If I load the kids 4 morphs then does another person using the morphs have to have the morphs also? This is where I get really lost.

Added: Do I need to make my own morphs? Where do I start in learning that?

I am more than happy to buy a tutor if that what I need but I so lost, I don’t want to do anything till I figure out what I need to learn.

Thanks
    Kimberly

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Morph Loader is for creating your own morphs in a modelling package, like Hexatgon or similar. You move the vertices around, and then reimport the figure into DS, and Morph Loader allows you to create a slider for it.

If you use Morph++ for a K4 character, then the end user would need to have Morphs++ as well, I am not sure how it works with clothing. What you want to do is to put the morphs into the clothing, and Morph Loader does not do that as far as I know. I believe that it requires editing of the CR2 file to add morphs to clothing.

It is not really a new user topic, and it would be best to ask this question on the DAZ Studio Discussion forum, where people who do this a lot can advise you. I will ask for the post to be moved there.

edited December 1969

Thanks, I going to look for Morph Loader tutors. That something I would really like to learn.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,700
    edited December 1969

Merged to threads on loading morphs. Please don't start a new thread for a supplemental question, it risks people asting time going over ground that has already been covered.

edited December 1969

Merged to threads on loading morphs. Please don't start a new thread for a supplemental question, it risks people asting time going over ground that has already been covered.

Sorry about that.