Mat Ctreator part 17 missing - MC-MMM Daz Studio -

redratdesignsredratdesigns Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi All

I downloaded all parts (21 or so) of the above product but when downloading part 17 it links to part 21 hence i can't use any of the rock shaders (the reason i bought the product.

Anyone else have this issue? I've checked and double-checked - is this a problem the Daz guru's need to fix?

Thanks
Mike

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You will need to open a Support ticket with the Sales department, I am sure they can sort it out for you.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,974
    edited December 1969

I had an issue very much like this and it was resolved (though it highlighted another). Let me check the bug tracker and get back to you.

• redratdesignsredratdesigns Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Great thanks guys... I submitted a report ticket as well to see if the Tech people can have a look at it.

edited September 2012

Looks like it may have been archived ... from memory the issue I had was with certain of the materials being listed, but the underlying files required to actually apply the materials being missing. Once it was fixed the sole issue I could find was that one of the materials used the same displacement/bump/spec maps as another.

Okay - bizarre ... despite looking for any bug reported by me I ahve now found it with a direct link (I remembered I raised a case with the help desk as it had taken a while and that inlcuded the link). Looks a different issue to yours as mine revolved around the metal shaders. The files affected were:
    11915_19_ds_MCMMMDazStudio_19.exe
    11915_20_ds_MCMMMDazStudio_20.exe
    11915_21_ds_MCMMMDazStudio_21.exe

Post edited by SimonJM on
    edited December 1969

Just tested and Rock1 to Rock24 load fine for me. Very strange!
    Just done a reset - gosh, wouldn't it be nice to be able to see last modified dates? - and file 17 is first in the list (for no readily explicable reason such as alphabetic) which might suggest it was the latest one in the set to be updated? And, further checking, selecting that file for download suggests (from the file name) that part 21 will be downloaded.
    Checking over stuff it looks like there are missing files, my order lists the current files available, which with the mac ones removed and re-ordered are:
    MC-MMM Daz Studio Pt1 - exe - pc
    MC-MMM Daz Studio Pt2 - exe - pc
    MC-MMM Daz Studio Pt3 - exe - pc
    MC-MMM Daz Studio Pt4 - exe - pc
    MC-MMM Daz Studio Pt5 - exe - pc
    MC-MMM Daz Studio Pt6 - exe - pc
    MC-MMM Daz Studio Pt7 - exe - pc
    MC-MMM Daz Studio Pt87 - exe - pc
    MC-MMM Daz Studio Pt9 - exe - pc
    MC-MMM Daz Studio Pt10 - exe - pc
    MC-MMM Daz Studio Pt11 - exe - pc
    MC-MMM Daz Studio Pt12 - exe - pc
    MC-MMM Daz Studio Pt13 - exe - pc
    MC-MMM Daz Studio Pt14 - exe - pc
    MC-MMM Daz Studio Pt15 - exe - pc
    MC-MMM Daz Studio Pt16 - exe - pc
    MC-MMM Daz Studio Pt17 - exe - pc
    MC-MMM Daz Studio Pt18 - exe - pc

The ReadMe's (oh blessed that day when we got those local copies!) I have show that I had 21 files, named/numbered from 1 to 21.

That would imply you have at least one invalid link and also three missing files - unless they have been re-bundled.

• redratdesignsredratdesigns Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for checking Simon - so i've begun the task of resetting, re-downloading and re-installing methodically to see if this has been repackaged or something. Once i've reinstalled i will know for definite whether the rock shaders are missing...

Mine too shows now the same set of files that you list and, indeed, i lament the day local copies of the read-me's disappeared.

Oh my aching shader folder...

Will update this thread for interest's sake once done...