zip files not downloading properly

Shawn68Shawn68 Posts: 40
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Some products I have ordered are zip files. They seem to download but when I try opening them to extract i get this message:-
"Windows cannot open folder. The Compressed(zipped) Folder / .zip' is invalid"
I know from previous experience that this means the folder did not fully download. But I have tried this a couple of times, noting when it cuts off and it always seems to be the same. It has happened on all 4 zip files I have ordered, with at least two or three tries done on all of them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You could try clearing your Browser cache, as windows will just keep telling you the file has downloaded, although it will just use the same corrupted file.

The other thing to do is to try another browser to see if that helps. It is unlikely that the problem lies with the server.

See if any of that helps?

• Virtua36Virtua36 Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

If the same files are available with an installer too, the zip files are for mac.

• Shawn68Shawn68 Posts: 40
    edited December 1969

You could try clearing your Browser cache, as windows will just keep telling you the file has downloaded, although it will just use the same corrupted file.

The other thing to do is to try another browser to see if that helps. It is unlikely that the problem lies with the server.

See if any of that helps?

I downloaded Google Chrome and it worked perfectly. Thank you.