How much does it cost to purchase Daz Studio 4.5 Pro? (solved)

tdrdtdrd Posts: 0
edited September 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have installed the free version of Daz Studio Pro 4.5 for Windows.

I registered the free version as it said it was for a limited time but nowhere can I see how long this is on the website.

I looked in the logs today and see it will expire on 8th February 2013.

Now I have already purchased loads of addons for this - nearly 200 pounds now, and so I went to the website to see how much it costs to purchase Daz when the trial period expires before I decide to buy any more add on modules.

NOWHERE, NOWHERE at the current moment can I see any reference to the price for the Studio.
The website says it is free for a limited time but no actual price can be seen (by me anyway - I do use specs)

I am concerned that I'll buy all the other stuff and not be able to afford the studio when the time runs out.

Post edited by DAZ_bfurner on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,700
    edited December 1969
  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Is is free. And it is not a trial that expires, it is a full version that you can use for as long as you want.

I wonder, did you just download it from here or did you register for the store and then "bought" for free this product ? Maybe if you did the first, then that is what causes the problem? I advise you to "buy" the latter, because that way you will have it in your download history, and when it later is not free any more and you need it (computer crash etc.), you can redownload it, plus you can get updates. It used to be DAZ Studio 4 until recently and when the new version DAZ Studio 4.5 was released, all of us who had Studio 4 in their download history were entitled to get this version also.

BTW - the line about being "free for a limited time" is there since March or April I guess. At first they kept saying it´s free for only one month but after a couple of months they probably felt foolish, so they changed it to "a limited time".

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,464
    edited December 1969

tdrd said:
    The website says it is free for a limited time but no actual price can be seen (by me anyway - I do use specs)
    It's not "free for a limited time" as in "you can use it for free for a limited time and then you have to pay" but as in "if you purchase it before the offer expires then you pay 0$".
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,900
    edited September 2012

Its $7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.95

But if you dont want to pay that, then you can just keep using it forever without paying.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • tdrdtdrd Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone for the feedback
    Terry

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

FYI. AniMate2 does time out. But it's all that will.