Do I have Morphs+++ ?

StevieDStevieD Posts: 103
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Ok I feel I have to keep saying this but I am so new to DAZ that it's not funny. I'm having a hard time transversing the amount knowledge needed to master this software. Thank you for any help You (meaning everybody) can give me.

I have DAZ 4 will update to 4.5 but not yet..

I see a ton of product that I want to purchase that say requires "XXXXXXX". Firstly if they might list 3,4 or 5 different other products as a requirement.

One exact example is this "This product requires: Victoria 4.2 Base, Victoria 4.2 Morphs++, Genesis Evolution: Head Morphs, Genesis Evolution: Body Morphs V4, and M4 Shapes for Genesis" Do this mean I need all of the above, or does it mean I need only one of the listed requirements??

Then there is this. If I have Genesis and - V3 and M3 Shapes for Genesis and - V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis - do I not have the required products or do I need to also purchase M4 morphs++ etc. in addition in order for the product to work correctly?

Thank You for now.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

In this case, it depends whether you're using the product on V4 or Genesis. The textures (the skin) will work without anything else. To use the morphs (the shape of the character) on V4, you need Victoria 4.2 Base and Victoria 4.2 Morphs++. To use the morphs on Genesis, you need Genesis Evolution: Head Morphs, Genesis Evolution: Body Morphs, and V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis.

• StevieDStevieD Posts: 103
    edited December 1969

Great,,, Thanks I purchased both the Michael and the Victoria Bundle Suites which I'm pretty positive has Genesis Evolution: Head Morphs, Genesis Evolution: Body Morphs, right? So it looks like I'm set.

Thank You

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Not quite, the last two are sets all by themself's. The Evo: Body and Evo:Head are sets that you will still need.

edited December 1969

I checked my orders and what I purchased was the Michael 5 3D Model Pro Suite and the Victoria 5 3D Model Pro Suite.

Each of these packages does include Genesis Evolution: Head Morphs and Genesis Evolution: Body Morphs. I am assuming this is what we are talking about. Right? In this case I'm going to assume that I am covered, as long as I also have V3 and M3 Shapes for Genesis and - V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis.

Would this be right?

Thanks

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You would really need to tell us what itmes you are thinking of buying, and provide a link to them, otherwise we are all fishing in the dark. Neither the M5 Pro nor the V5 Pro bundles contain the Evolution Head and Body moprhs that I can see. What makes you thing that they came with them? I have the V5 Pro bundle, and I don't have them.

Victoria 4 Morphs++ are for use on V4 and her morphs only, and do not work with any Genesis figure out of the box. You would require the GenX Plugin to transfer these morphs to Genesis.

Having the shapes for Genesis, means that the basic Genesis shape is modified to 'Look Like' V3, or V4 or A4 etc etc, it does NOT mean that any morphs for these figures will work on Genesis, they wont. The added advantage of buying the Shapes, is that a clone is provided for the Autofit Plugin that allows clothing items designed for for these figures (V4, V3, M4 etc) to be Autofitted to the Genesis shape.

I know that it can be confusing, but the Generation 4 models (V4, M4 etc etc ) are a completely different model to Genesis. Genesis has a completely different rigging system from the Generation 4 models, and morphs for Gen 4 models will not work on Genesis.

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

V5 Pro Suite is different from the V5 Pro bundle. It looks like the Pro Suite does contain the Evolution morphs.

edited December 1969

Thanks Dave, I didn't pick that up, I only bought the Pro bundle myself.

@StevieD

You appear to have the Evolution Moprhs bundle as part of the Suite, sorry I misread your post, but everything else that I said still applies, Gen 4 and Gen 5 (Genesis) morphs are not mixable without other work I'm afraid. You should be covered for the products that require these packages, but is is always safer to ask if you are not sure.

edited December 1969

Ok, Thank you all for advising me. Sometime in the near future, I think what I am going to do is to purchase something that says "requires Michael or Victoria 4.2 Morphs++" which I do not specifically have and see if it works.. Something like this item

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-brazen

I'll see if it works with out having specifically Morphs++. If it doesn't then I guess I'll have to just buy the "Morphs++" plugins.

Is anybody interested what results I get.. Should I report back??

Thank You

edited December 1969

There are a string of body shapes that this clothing will work with, which are all contained in the Morphs++ package, for example:

Top (.CR2 and .OBJ) ◦BodyBuilder
    ◦Definition
    ◦Fitness
    ◦Amazon
    ◦Emaciated
    ◦Thin
    ◦Young
    ◦Voluptuous
    ◦Bulk
    ◦PearFigure

You only need the Morphs++ package if you are going to change the basic shape of V4 using these morphs, the clothes will fit the bog standard (out of the box) V4 with no problems.

If you don't have the Morphs++ package, you will not be able to morph V4 into any of these shapes that are built into the clothing in the first place, so it wont matter that these extra morphs are included in the clothing.

Does that make sense?

edited December 1969

Well if I limit my base to Genesis, I'm assuming that I can still morph to whatever morphs that Genesis can do but it sounds like if I don't have the Morphs++, the character will not even look like the character I am purchasing, right? With Autofit, however, shouldn't I be able to adapt the clothing to Genesis? Also many of these characters have special textures that I think would work on Genesis, no?
    I think the most important thing to me would be, does the character look like the character I am purchasing. It sounds like that would require the Morphs that it was created with. Very complicated,, Huh?

I'm trying to do everything with Genesis because I am just starting and why not use the latest generations. On the other hand, If I really like a character, I guess I need to take that into account. I'm torn.
    I'm assuming that many characters will eventually be updated to Genesis. Maybe all I have to do is wait. I do have V4 and M4 but I don't tend to use those because the Genesis looks just so fabulous with very little work. I understand the difference with the bones. That makes sense. So I guess I have to balance everything out.

I also have to keep in mind that everything that I am constructing, I will be animating. I'm only interested in animation.

Thank You very much for explaining this out for me. I'll pick it up eventually. I am also trying to learn to create very complicated animations at the same time but I have to get this down, now so that I don't buy things that night be more complicated to use than I need it to be.

Thanks again,

edited December 1969

Well if I limit my base to Genesis, I’m assuming that I can still morph to whatever morphs that Genesis can do but it sounds like if I don’t have the Morphs++, the character will not even look like the character I am purchasing, right? With Autofit, however, shouldn’t I be able to adapt the clothing to Genesis? Also many of these characters have special textures that I think would work on Genesis, no?

If you see a V4 character that you like, and it says you need Morphs++, then yoou will not get the correct character shape and expression if you don't have them. Once you have the character loaded, you can use the GenX plugin to convert the character to Genesis. A lot of people have been doing that.

I think the most important thing to me would be, does the character look like the character I am purchasing. It sounds like that would require the Morphs that it was created with. Very complicated,, Huh?

Yes, as explained above. In the case of clothing items, morphs are built in to the clothing to accomplish what Genesis can do out of the box. Almost any clothing for made for Genesis, can fit ANY Genesis shape (within reason).

I may have to get GenX myself. There is an Animation forum here as well, and there are quite a few good people there who can also help. I know very little about animation I'm afraid.

edited December 1969

Looks like it V4+M4 morphs++ on my to buy list. Thank you very much.