cant find genesis content in DS 4.5

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

hi,

I installed DSPro v4.0.x earlier today and everything went fine, all the new content (genesis etc.) was there as it should be. I then updated to v4.5 as I want to to use the GoZ feature (the reason I installed DSPro in the first place). Now v4.5 refuses to see any of that content.
I left all the installation paths etc. at their default, and have used all the search, migrate database functions etc. in the content manager options but with no success.

Prior to all this, I added my older runtime directory from an earlier version of DS and that has been found and displays correctly in v4.5. It's just the DSPro specific directories it's struggling with.

I've tried altering the directory path ion the preferences and now I fear I've messed up them up, don't know what the default paths are meant to be!

help!

thanks

j

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The default path for all content for DS4P is the My Library folder.

Did you install the Genesis Essentials file after installing the main program? In the 4.5 version, the content is installed seperately as there have been changes made to Genesis. You must run it to get the latest updates.

• edited September 2012

yeah I've just discovered that; I've installed it and DS has updated a few directories etc. The genesis stuff seems to be there now, but I have to really dig down in the content manager to find anything. Nothing shows in 'smart content' or 'products'...

I'm wondering if it's something to do with metadata?

Post edited by se7enhedd_e6a2e2b759 on
    edited December 1969

More likely the CMS (Content Management Service) is not running. It is used to display the items in the Smart Content pane.

Have a look in the Task manager, it should be listed as a running process.

• edited December 1969

I'm on OS X but I'll check that out when I get home. Thanks

• edited September 2012

yep the cms is running...

I got it - - I reinstalled the genesis starter, but first checked the 'metadata import page' on in DS startup prefs; it then asked me if I wanted to import metadata and everythings ok...

seems odd that you have to have that dialogue opening to import the metadata, surely you should be asked if you want to import any new data regardless, or at least a menu item that can invoke the import at any time..?

all sorted now anyway, thanks for you help

edited December 1969

If you have a little triangle opposite Categories as shown below, then CMS is working, you could then try re-importing the Metadata from the Content DB Maintenance also as shown. Hopefully that will work.

Untitled-1.jpg
    656 x 426 - 61K
  • edited September 2012

I got it - - I reinstalled the genesis starter, but first checked the ‘metadata import page’ on in DS startup prefs; it then asked me if I wanted to import metadata and everythings ok…

seems odd that you have to have that dialogue opening to import the metadata, surely you should be asked if you want to import any new data regardless, or at least a menu item that can invoke the import at any time..? I'd tried the 'reimport metadata' command earlier but it did nothing =/

all sorted now anyway, thanks for you help