how can i do clothes for my daz model???

ketchup96ketchup96 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

how can I do clothes for my model??

do I need of a plugin???

Can I use only daz studio ???

Comments

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

If you want to make your own clothes you need a modelling program such as Hexagon. Then you have to learn how to rig the clothing so they fit onto the figure. Genesis is now a lot easier to fit clothing to.

• KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

ketchup96 said:
    how can I do clothes for my model??

do I need of a plugin???

Can I use only daz studio ???

Look for clothing start kits. You can then use them as a way to learn how to make your own in free hexagon. I got starter kits and read a lot of tutors then was able to use the start kits as a way to see how stuff works before making my own clothing. There a few good hexagon tutors on youtube and clothing tutors in some online stores however the adding morphs clothing tutors I am still having trouble finding.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

KimberSue said:
    ... adding morphs clothing tutors I am still having trouble finding...

Well there are two methods, actual morphs and rigging. From what I understand, adding actual morphs follows the same as adding morphs for any obj, and as for the rigging there are a couple at the DAZ youtube channel but for a more indepth coverage there is Rigging Figures for DS4 Pro by Blondie9999 in the stores which I found a very good coverage of rigging in DS (still going through it myself.) Unfortunately it just went off sale but might be available in a catch-up sale.

• KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    KimberSue said:
    ... adding morphs clothing tutors I am still having trouble finding...

Well there are two methods, actual morphs and rigging. From what I understand, adding actual morphs follows the same as adding morphs for any obj, and as for the rigging there are a couple at the DAZ youtube channel but for a more indepth coverage there is Rigging Figures for DS4 Pro by Blondie9999 in the stores which I found a very good coverage of rigging in DS (still going through it myself.) Unfortunately it just went off sale but might be available in a catch-up sale.

Thanks I might go ahead and get this one. My problems is I spend a huge amount of money on Kids 4 and while I would love to work with Genesis because most the tutors are exact for genesis and it has many great build in features, I've spend to much money on kids 4 to simple walk away from it.

Thanks a ton, this looks more like a general tutor and not exact to one figure.