Bug in shell from old figures

marcoiomarcoio Posts: 45
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Creating a shell from an old figure (as V3) results in a shell not aligned with the figure itself (the head of shell is under the hip of the figure)

P.S.: Excuse my bad English, I'm Italian

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I am not sure what you are trying to do here? What do you mean by a 'shell' ?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

So far I've only been able to get a Geometry Shell to work right with Genesis, even my TriAx Aiko3 doesn't work with them, the shell always ends up below the feet.

edited December 1969

Sorry, showing my ignorance again, but it is a thing I hve never used, and I have no idea what to do with it anyway. I did try with Stephanie 4, and it simply displayed the shell for V4, since I suppose that is the basis of S4. It was at the feet of the original, but it can be moved up easily enough. Does that cause a problem, and what the dickens is it used for anyway?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

The only real function I've found for it is as a SkinSuit for Genesis, I posted the attached pic in another thread on this subject the other week, the second skin swimsuit has been applied to the shell with a transmap, while Genesis has had two different V4 textures applied to it.

SkinsuitG.jpg
    972 x 643 - 278K
    edited December 1969

Yes, it looks like it can be used to send to Hexagon for example to be used as a dummy for people who don't have much RAM?

I just saved Genesis out as an OBJ, 11 MB, and the Geometry shell for Genesis comes in at 23 MB, wierd!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yes the Geometery Shell is showing me the same result when using an older generation figure. Need to look and see if a bug report has been made.

OT: Jimmy I would use the new Instancing function to make dummy people to reduce on ram. If you take a look and my render thead, my last image used a Shell which I offset by 0.01 and used that for the dress to colide with as I was Colliding Genesis with the chair.

edited December 1969

Thanks Pete, I think I understand :)

I will need to look more into it.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I had a play before my computer woes with the Instancing too. Haven't had any chance to really play and have some fun.