Dynamic Capes and Posing Loop Controls

inquireinquire Posts: 2,137
edited September 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have set one of those SuperHero Dynamic Capes. I do not have the paid plugin for dynamic cloth, primarily because I'm using a Mac and there are "known issues" with the Mac version. Nevertheless, there are supposedly "Controllable Loops" to guide the deformations. Well, I've tried using them a number of times, and they don't produce any noticeable changes. Does anyone have any information about what to do to get them to work?

It doesn't say, by the way, that one need have the paid plugin in order to get the "Controllable Loops" to work. I'm using DAZStudio4.5Pro and MacOS 10.8.1.

Screen_Shot_2012-09-10_at_3.55_.09_PM_.png
1197 x 887 - 927K
Post edited by inquire on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,734
    edited December 1969

The control plugin gives you the ability to set panel properties, to vary gravity, and wind emitters. None of those should be needed for the control handles, which should just move the cloth as if they were regular body parts. I don't have this item to try it out though.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,137
    edited December 1969

The control plugin gives you the ability to set panel properties, to vary gravity, and wind emitters. None of those should be needed for the control handles, which should just move the cloth as if they were regular body parts. I don't have this item to try it out though.

Yep, I agree with what you're saying. These control handles don't work, I guess. Not for me, anyway, or not on a Macintosh?

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

inquire said:

Yep, I agree with what you're saying. These control handles don't work, I guess. Not for me, anyway, or not on a Macintosh?

Hi Inquire, and thanks for your purchase. They should work regardless if you are on a Macintosh. Did you watch the video tutorial that is linked to the store page on the Additional information tab? It should be also on your readme file. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/QgYkBvmySug

edited December 1969

SimonWM said:
    inquire said:

Hi Inquire, and thanks for your purchase. They should work regardless if you are on a Macintosh. Did you watch the video tutorial that is linked to the store page on the Additional information tab? It should be also on your readme file. Here's the link:

OK Thanks for that tutorial. I'm going to study it. The control plugin that is shown -- is that the paid plugin or the free plugin?

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

inquire said:
    SimonWM said:
    inquire said:

OK Thanks for that tutorial. I'm going to study it. The control plugin that is shown -- is that the paid plugin or the free plugin?

Its the paid but I'm not using the paid features (which are basicly gravity, wind and cloth properties (friction, etc.)).

edited December 1969

OK. Just wanted to get back and thank you again. I think I'm beginning to get the hang of it, pun intended. I watched the youtube tutorial more than once, and I've done some posing with the Dynamic Capes, Set 1.

By the way, if you're connected with the people who make the paid plugin, it says that there are "known issues" with the Mac OS 10.7. I'm using 10.8.1, but I'm guessing these "known issues" persist. Do you know about when the paid plugin for DAZStudio4.5Pro will be ready, for Macintosh users?