cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
edited December 2022 in The Commons

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on

Comments

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited September 2012

cridgit said:
    There have been so many threads about people leaving, I thought I'd share why I am staying.

Because - for the time being - I have no other options.

DAZ with all its bloopers used to give me what I want, but if somebody else had shown up in the past 3 months offering something similar I would actually have taken some pleasure in walking away - that's how frustrated I am with what is going on around here.

So what is that keeps me at DAZ?
    1. Free software (although I paid for mine).
    2. A very good selection of products for said software (yes, I use Genesis).
    3. Regular new releases (yes, I use Genesis).
    4. Fastgrab (although I used to check multiple times per day and don't bother anymore).
    5. Platinum Club (that used to be why I stayed but its simply not worth the aggravation anymore)
    6. Money-back guarantee (this is a big one for me).
    7. Frequent big sales (although I can always pop in for those).
    8. Frequent pleasant surprises (such as a coupon here and there when the team wins etc.)

I used to be a DAZaholic - I was in here multiple times per day, enjoying the fun and handing over my money with a smile on my face. DAZ wasn't giving me products - it was giving me a highly enjoyable part of my daily life experience.

Now I can't find the information I need, the store doesn't work, many people I got to know on the forums have left, coupons don't work, the PC is devalued, sales are not what they used to be, too much negativity, I suffer from mistake after mistake after mistake. All I have left is the selection of products, new releases and the money-back guarantee. I have turned into a grouch, and I'm looking for an alternative.

Maybe somebody will read this and pick up some of those ideas and make us happy again.

Doesn't come across as the best advert for remaining at Daz3D.
    It appears you're staying because you're too disinterested (bored or can't be bothered) to leave, which seems much worse than any of the post from people saying they're leaving and I've only seen a few threads from people who are leaving, so i'm not sure where the 'Many threads' that you mention are

Post edited by adzan on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,729
    edited December 1969

adzan said:

It appears you're staying because you're too disinterested (bored or can't be bothered) to leave, which seems much worse than any of the post from people saying they're leaving and I've only seen a few threads from people who are leaving, so i'm not sure where the 'Many threads' that you mention are

Oh I have seen plenty and never understood a single one, LOL. It's a store, you either have a need for a product they sell or you don't. I can understand not buying from a single vendor, I have a couple on that list, but not a store.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I just hope you will stay and make new pozing tool for daz studio.

If I buy next plug in, my first choice is your pose master.

now I am worry , if you will not up-date to more powerful about your plug in,,
    (that is true mean up-date, not just can use it in ds 4.5)

if I can not use your pose tool in next version ds,,

I decided to buy your pose master,, this month.

so please to stay daz, and make new good posing (and animating tool if you can) for genesis.

I think daz studio is not good about pozing . far away from smooth pozing.

(I do not hesitate to say it. I use ds just because compatibility of bone strructure,
    and triax weight system, or file structure about many products in daz shop.)

if I can export genesis and clothing with morphs, weight maps and bone
    ,I may do not use daz studio at all. I will buy other 3D tools,
    now I save money for modo 601,,, )

ds is only one official satge for genesis can act.
    so I think daz must need to improve about pozing genesis.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited December 1969

I don't use daz4 or anything genesis. But i still shop the store for sale items on older poser models and new environment models I can use. Though I will admit I have spent a whole lot less here than i use to.
    Plus i like to support my friends here that make art and enjoy what they can do ,and to me that is all that matters

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,683
    edited December 1969

I dont know about all... but Daz3D was much more than "a store" to me; it was "a community". I could name only a few people in the Daz office, but i bet i could tell you what types of renders certain people preferred, or what type of products certain people leaned towards, or who i could ask for help in certain situations. To me, this is what made Daz3D great! Shopping here was just an added benefit to produce the renders our muse guided us to. To alot of people, me included, the Daz3D forums was my social networking site. I spent more time in the Daz foums than ALL social media sites combined!

But then things started to change that made not only the shopping experience different, but the community activism different as it gaves us more things to argue about (Genesis Vs Non-Genesis, PC Membership Vs Retiring from PC, etc.) and divide the community even further than the typical Poser Vs DS Vs Bryce Vs Carrara threads and that as a result made the community different.

Now... the forums are a wasteland compared to what it use to be... in my humble opinion of course.

-MJ

• chrisschellchrisschell Posts: 267
    edited September 2012

MJ007 said:
    I dont know about all... but Daz3D was much more than "a store" to me; it was "a community". I could name only a few people in the Daz office, but i bet i could tell you what types of renders certain people preferred, or what type of products certain people leaned towards, or who i could ask for help in certain situations. To me, this is what made Daz3D great! Shopping here was just an added benefit to produce the renders our muse guided us to. To alot of people, me included, the Daz3D forums was my social networking site. I spent more time in the Daz foums than ALL social media sites combined!

But then things started to change that made not only the shopping experience different, but the community activism different as it gaves us more things to argue about (Genesis Vs Non-Genesis, PC Membership Vs Retiring from PC, etc.) and divide the community even further than the typical Poser Vs DS Vs Bryce Vs Carrara threads and that as a result made the community different.

Now... the forums are a wasteland compared to what it use to be... in my humble opinion of course.

-MJ

I agree MJ... the forums now don't have near as much to offer as they used to... unless you mean offering to run everything and everyone down (including Daz as a business) or to hurraw about the greatness that is Genesis and Daz 4... it's a shame that we've lost alot of what used to make this community so vital and alive...

In part this has happened because of the changes over the last 5 years in Daz's policies and business direction/focus, but it's also happened because of the attitude changes in the people making up the community itself...

I mean... I remember when Daz had as part of it's EULA that Daz was always going to be free... and when you had to click to agree to tell atleast two other people about DS during the install/download... everyone was mad when Daz started giving away 4 for free... but what of those of us mad about it becoming a paid program when up till then it'd always been free?

Lets face it... Daz as a company has changed... and in some ways for the worse yes... but what of the people here... we were the ones that made the community here what it was... we can't blame Daz as a company for what's happened in these forums... we can only blame ourselves for the changes in the community...

As for why I stay... well... there are still some great people here in the community (though not so many as used to be) and because in these forums i can still find a decent conversation and some usefull advice from time to time... I may be upset with some of the over-all policy changes and business decisions Daz have made... but that doesn't change the fact that I still enjoy the community here... or the chance to talk with people with different interests and skills...

All this is just my humble two cents worth... so take it for what you will...

Post edited by chrisschell on
  • StorytellerStoryteller Posts: 80
    edited December 1969

Im here because I have hundreds of dollars invested here. I like the content, still find ways to use it almost everyday. I might drift for awhile, but Ill always be part of daz.

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

everyone was mad when Daz started giving away 4 for free... but what of those of us mad about it becoming a paid program when up till then it'd always been free?

When DAZ came out with the pay versions of DAZ Studio there was still a free version, (Standard). There has always been a free version of DAZ Studio.

Coldrake

edited December 1969

Coldrake said:
    everyone was mad when Daz started giving away 4 for free... but what of those of us mad about it becoming a paid program when up till then it'd always been free?

When DAZ came out with the pay versions of DAZ Studio there was still a free version, (Standard). There has always been a free version of DAZ Studio.

Coldrake

True enough... and yes there has always been some form of Daz for free... which in a way was my point... alot of people complained when Daz 4 was being given away for free when they'd paid for it... That and many other things lead to "I'm leaving because" posts and complaints about wanting refunds etc... but up till Daz 3 there wasn't a paid version at all...

I was also pointing out that alot of the people leaving the community are leaving because of store issues, policy decisions etc... but we shouldn't be letting that affect the joy of our art or the community... It's not Daz that's changing the community... it's the community ourselves... All the bickering about this version vs that version etc, instead of just enjoying what we have and what we do...

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,895
    edited December 1969

Im here because I have hundreds of dollars invested here. I like the content, still find ways to use it almost everyday. I might drift for awhile, but Ill always be part of daz.

Hundreds? So you've only been here for a couple of months or so? :P

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,683
    edited December 1969

In part this has happened because of the changes over the last 5 years in Daz's policies and business direction/focus, but it's also happened because of the attitude changes in the people making up the community itself...

Lets face it... Daz as a company has changed... and in some ways for the worse yes... but what of the people here... we were the ones that made the community here what it was... we can't blame Daz as a company for what's happened in these forums... we can only blame ourselves for the changes in the community...

Because of Daz changes in policies, business direction, and focus... yeah i can blame Daz for what has happened to the community.

When you introduce and focus on a product that alienates more than half of your customer base, then turn around and change the policy of your membership club, and then throw at them a new store and new forum, that TO THIS DAY still works off and on... the people this effects will change as well... and prolly not for the better.

However, I understand and accept this IS NOT my company and as such im ok with them doing however they see fit. So as a DS2 (yes I mean DS2.3.3.146!) and a Gen3/Toon model user, I know there isnt much left for me here, but i still try and make the most of what I have knowing my figure choice is a dying (if not dead) breed, and with my clothing convertor NOT supporting Genesis, will have to resort to Gen4 and older support to suit my clothing needs.

-MJ

edited December 1969

I hear you there MJ... I'm still using 2.3 as well... I paid a ton of cash on extras for it... plug-ins like the figure set-up tools and stuff... It's what I use to make the stuff for my own website... There are some things Daz has done that I'm not happy with as well. For one I'll never understand why they decided to redo the program from scratch when 2.3 worked well and just needed the rest of the bugs worked out....

I don't blame Daz for the changes in the community myself though I'll admit that some of the things they've done my contribute to the bad feeling here... I've been around the net a long time... and everywhere has been the same, not just here... in general peoples attitudes have changed over the years and it's ruined some good places over time... chatrooms, forums and the like... over-all the "community" spirit just isn't there as it used to be...

What I will say about the forums here is that this is still one of the last relatively 'free' forums.... most other sites don't allow offsite store adverts at all, even many that used to... and I still get better community support and feed back here than at most of the other sites to which I belong...

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,902
    edited December 1969

I'm still here....

The reasons are hard to explain for some reason. Like MJ, I come here for the community and it is still the most important aspect of the "Daz3DExperience" for me. I find myself in a weird place, actually. I am not staying around because I'm always happy here or anything. Many of the people I called "friends" here, left a long time ago. I have not been happy about many things...

...but I stay

I stay mostly just because I have a little faith.

It's true. The reason I stay is because I have witnessed Daz3D be faithful to their customers in the past. I've watched them strive to be innovative and cool and offer new fun toys to their customers... and I simply trust it will work out in the end. Only because I have "known them" all this time and they have always treated me fairly and generously.

No, everything is not to my liking. But I do feel that they have tried really hard to be a friend to their customers all these years. I feel like I should be a friend back and stick with them through whatever they go through. Why? Because they really have been good to me, that's all.

• StorytellerStoryteller Posts: 80
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:

Ive been here for years, most of which as Platinum.

edited December 1969

Taozen said:

Ive been here for years, most of which as Platinum.
    Well I was just joking (I was a bit too cryptic though I guess,sorry) about the huge amount of money many people (including myself) spend here: if you have spend hundreds rather than thousands, you probably haven't been here for long... :)

edited December 1969

Either haven't been here long.... or.... really picky about what you buy... lol

edited December 1969

I am picky, doesn't help much though when there is so much good stuff.. :)

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited September 2012

Taozen said:

I am picky, doesn't help much though when there is so much good stuff.. :)

ditto to that .
    But it still hasn't stopped me from spending a barrel of money here in the last few years I've been here.
    Though genesis has slowed me down a lot :)
    Post edited by Ivy on