Morphing Python Problem

paul1912011paul1912011 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi everyone.

Im new here and new to daz3d but getting use to it because I have been useing it for a month now but the one problem im having is the content that I bought which is Morphing Python.

I was wondering if somebody could help me because I am really stuck. I have searched google and the forums but found not much info.

Any way the problem I am having is sizing the morphing python, I found on the poseing and shaping area in daz3d the option to make the snake longer by useing the lengthbody option but the trouble is when I make the snake longer and I go and reposistion the figure distorts and messes up. I have tried lengthing it scaling wise but it dose the same thing. If I leave the size alone and posistion it its fine.

All so is there another way to pose a morph in to the current posistion of likeing without it moveing all over the place. I click the left mouse button and drag bits in to place but every thing else seems to me along with it.

Thanks any help would be great! I really want to get in to creating art but at the moment Im finding more problems than creating.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I can't find any 'lengthbody' option for the snake. What are you selecting in the Scene tab when you get this option?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Monty the Morphing Python should only be scaled Up or Down as a FULL scale never as longer, that breaks the bones.

To pose in place you need to use EACH section and the Parameters dials for that section.
    Expand it all the way in the Scene Tab, each section can then be selected and then posed with the dials.
    Tip: Half way down the axis flip so what was left will become right. You will know when you do it the first time.

I hope this helps.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I found the LengthenBody morph. Use the Lengthen morph first, then use the rest, it works OK for me. Have you read the Readme file that comes with it?

The python is broken up into 2 parts for purposes of EasyPose. The Neck sections are the front half of the snake and will affect the position of the head. The Tail section is the other half of the snake (all the body segments past the "hip" of the snake.)

Neck01 is the Neck segment closest to the hip while Neck29 is the closest to the Head. If you want to affect the entire Neck, you can select Neck01 and use one of the "___Aft" dials. Alternatively, you can select Neck29 and use the "___Bef" dials.

Tail01 is the Tail segment closest to the Hip while Tail30 is the farther segment. If you want to affect the entire tail, you can select Tail01 and use one of the "___Aft" dials. Alternatively, you can select Tail30 and use the "___Bef" dials.

If you only want to affect part of a segment, choose a Neck or Tail segment in-between. "___Aft" controls that segment and all the segments of a higher number. "___Bef" controls that segment and all the lower numbered segments. If you select Tail13 and use "TailSideBef", you'll affect Tail13 thru Tail01. If you use "TailSideAft" you'll affect Tail segments 13 - 30. You can get a smooth S shape for the body by moving the Tail segments one direction while moving the Neck segments the other. You can get a nice S curve within just the Neck or Tail by picking a middle segment and setting the "___Bef" dial one way and the "___Aft" dial the other way.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

OPPS!! Never noticed the Morph before. I stand corrected. I have used it (Python) to my pleasure before. Here is the render.

The_Guardians.png
    1139 x 761 - 1M