Can't get the new content to show up

edited December 1969 in New Users

I installed Daz Studio Pro 4.5. I have looked in the Genesis folders and I have noticed files with a *.duf extension. I'm thinking it's the new format. *However* it is not showing up in the Daz Content Library. It will only show the empty folders and older Genesis *.dsf files. Why is this happening? How can I get the other files to show up?

Thank you!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Where are you looking? If you look in Content Library > DAZ Studio Formats > People > Genesis, do you see Genesis.duf? What path did you install the Genesis Starter Essentials?

• edited September 2012

It is installed in the default path. Nothing was changed ---> C:\Users\\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\People\Genesis. I see the *.duf in those folders, but when I look in the Content library folders it shows up blank even though I could clearly see it in the folders without a problem.

Post edited by narundita_85a6d2c495 on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It is installed in the default path. Nothing was changed ---> C:\Users\\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\People\Genesis. I see the *.duf in those folders, but when I look in the Content library folders it shows up blank even though I could clearly see it in the folders without a problem.
    That's not the install path. The install path should always end at My Library for the installer. Always for every item.

That might be the Full path, but it is not the install path.
  • edited September 2012

It's the default path that the program suggests you install it to, nothing was changed.

edited December 1969

Can you go to Edit>Preferences>Content Library>Content Directory Manager, expand both the "DS Formats" and "Poser Formats" sections, and post a screenshot?

edited December 1969

It's the default path that the program suggests you install it to, nothing was changed.
    I'm sorry but I stand by my Path ends with My Library statement. I say that from experience. I'm not trying to be mean or make you mad. I'm really trying to help. All content for DS4.5Pro gets Installed into this path...
    C:/Users/"User Name"/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library
    That is the Full path for ALL DS installers for DS4.5Pro. If the installer ever says anything else you will have content problems.

I'm a DAZ 3D Community Volunteer and I do my best to help users that are having trouble. I really wish to Help. Just like Fixmypcmike.
  • edited December 1969

Can you go to Edit>Preferences>Content Library>Content Directory Manager, expand both the "DS Formats" and "Poser Formats" sections, and post a screenshot?

Here's my screenshot:

daz.PNG
    586 x 462 - 37K
  • edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm sorry but I stand by my Path ends with My Library statement. I say that from experience. I'm not trying to be mean or make you mad. I'm really trying to help. All content for DS4.5Pro gets Installed into this path...
    C:/Users/"User Name"/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library
    That is the Full path for ALL DS installers for DS4.5Pro. If the installer ever says anything else you will have content problems.

I'm a DAZ 3D Community Volunteer and I do my best to help users that are having trouble. I really wish to Help. Just like Fixmypcmike.

No problem. I was just stating that I didn't change anything that the program suggested. I saw the screenshot and it did end with "My Library" so I see what you mean.

edited September 2012

The Second DAZ Studio Formats path Not needed. The first one is all you need.

As for the Poser Format section it all depends on your OS as to if those will cause problems I think. Fixmypcmike is better at that so I'll fade for now. The first one is fine I know that much.

EDITed to add last line.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

The nested content folders may be confusing things -- remove the second entry from DAZ Studio Formats, just leave the one that ends at My Library. Then you should find Genesis in Content Library > DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > People > Genesis

• edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    The Second DAZ Studio Formats path Not needed. The first one is all you need.

As for the Poser Format section it all depends on your OS as to if those will cause problems I think. Fixmypcmike is better at that so I'll fade for now. The first one is fine I know that much.

EDITed to add last line.

Okay, I deleted the second one and am having it recheck for content and maybe hopefully it will find the new Genesis content.

• edited September 2012

It still didn't help. I can't find anything in those folders. I do see the gorilla.dsf and any of the older genesis content in dsf format.

daz2.PNG
    405 x 556 - 21K
    edited December 1969

But if you go up that tree to just People>Genesis, is the .duf file showing?

edited September 2012

OPPS... I'll shut up. Your in good hands.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • edited December 1969

But if you go up that tree to just People>Genesis, is the .duf file showing?

No I don't. I don't see it inside of the program. I'm only able to see it if I look at it inside of Windows Explorer.

daz3.PNG
    717 x 497 - 23K
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited September 2012

Location of Genesis.duf looks ok to me.

If a person was running DS4.0.3.47, they would be exhibiting the same .duf content issues as you. Can you eliminate the obvious and do a Help>About Daz Studio and make sure you're running DS4.5? Should be showing 4.5.0.114.

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • edited September 2012

Oh my... That's what the problem was. I thought it uninstalled the old version, so when I went to run the program like I usually do, I was under the incorrect assumption that it would run the new version. But clearly it did not, it ran the old version instead.

It only uninstalled the old content, go figure.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited September 2012

Every time I've upgraded DS4, the installer always detected an existing install and required that you confirm the uninstall of the pervious install, before proceeding with upgrade install. I'm pretty sure when I installed DS4.5 it uninstalled it DS4.0. Anyhoo.. glad you're problem is sorted out..!

Edited for clarity....

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • edited December 1969

Normally it does for me too, but I'm not sure what happened there. Oh well, at least the problem's fixed. Thanks :)