Cannot find .exe

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I just downloaded daz studio 4.5 and I can't find the executable. I looked in the program files and tried searching for it but I have no idea where it is. I uninstalled and reinstalled but I still can't find it. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

when you install, it makes a desktop icon.
    where does the icon say it is?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

When you donwloaded it, where did you point the downloader to.

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Do you have UAC on? UAC won't let you re-write stuff in Program Files. Either turn it off or install away from Program Files.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,730
    edited December 1969

Is it the installer or the installed application that is missing?

• edited December 1969

@ Medzin
    A shortcut was not made. I looked for this as well so I could find the .exe file but it, too, does not exist. I meant to include that in my initial post but I forgot to.

@ Chohole
    I installed it to program files. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled to my desktop. Still no .exe or shortcut.

• edited December 1969

Is it the installer or the installed application that is missing?

I was able to locate and run the installer. After installation, there is a Daz folder in program files. I opened it (after not finding a shortcut) to look for the executable to run the installed application. I made sure to download the Windows installer and not the mac. Windows did not indicate that the application installed incorrectly and I had no errors.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,730
    edited December 1969

What was the exact name of the installer you ran?