Help with problem when opening a saved scene created using 4.5

BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 249
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I tried opening a scene I created using 4.5. While the window showing the progress of loading the scene was open, another window pops up telling me that "duplicate IDs were found while loading the scene. Please see log for more details". After I hit OK, the Daz freezes, unfreezes after about a minute, the scene finishes loading, and the only figure in the scene appears all blown up. I delete all the clothes, resave it naming it something different, then open the new scene, the figure appears normal then. I tried loading one of the clothing items, and the "duplicate IDs" window pops up again, but this time the clothing item loads normal. This is the only part of the log I think is relevant to this problem:

"Duplicate id "Genesis Bow Shoes2-uvlayout" found in file "/data/Pusey Designs/Genesis Bow Shoe/Genesis Bow Shoe/Genesis Bow Shoes2-uvlayout.dsf"
Duplicate id "M5shorts" found in file "/data/MEC4D/Product/M5UnderWear/M5shorts.dsf".

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Duplicate IDs is a known error, and the affected products have been updated in the store. Please reset your downloads for these products, and re-install them, that will correct the error.

• BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the information, JimmyC_2009. I didn't buy these two clothing items from Daz. The M5 shorts I bought from PoserAddicts, I believe. And the Genesis Bow Shoes are a freebie from ShareCG. If I run into this problem with anything I bought from Daz, I now know to what to do.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited September 2012

Richard H produced a script which corrected some of these errors as well. It may work for the items you have, I'll see if if can find a link.

EDIT:

Here is the link to that script : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/740/

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on