Back to 3d and boy do I feel like a newbie

greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 501
edited December 1969 in New Users

So I came back to daz and 3d art in general after an extended break and I was very pleased to find that the latest D|S pro was free again! Updated it and some others (bryce, carrara) and decided to play some to get the feel for the new features in 4.5. Admittedly it has its quirks just like it always did, but there are some absolutely fantastic new features as well! Currently my favorite has to be smoothing/collision which is phenomenal in dealing with poke through on clothes fitting characters with other than standard gen 4 shapes.

I whipped up a couple images and thought I would share them with all the new folks. The scene is simple, V4 + Bruuna character/texture, v4 sports bra, v4 boy shorts and a simple background that was an old Aery Soul freebie back a few years ago. Hopefully it will put the pics in the right order hehe.

First pic is all standard textures and a lighting rig which uses completely standard D|S lights even though it is from a set I picked up a few years back in the daz store -- Lantino's Lights which is probably the best $14 any new person can spend to get fantastic results right out of the box.

In the second pic the lighting is exactly the same (#7 from the Lantino's Lights set) and I just changed the shaders & settings on the skin & hair to ubersurface ones. (advanced render settings are raytrace depth 1, shading rate 2.5 for quicker renders, 625x800 pix)

I hope you enjoy it, I am currently rendering a high resolution one for my DA page at MUCH higher quality settings (raytrace depth 3, shading rate 0.2, 1250x1600 pix).

Bruuna3-uberhair+USS-skin.png
618 x 800 - 568K
Bruuna1.png
618 x 800 - 575K

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

The updated skin surface seems to have made a huge difference in specularity. An improvement I think. Nice work!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Nice! And my fav model. Check my DA stuff you'll see.