Is this possible with DAZ?

dnb1987dnb1987 Posts: 0
edited September 2012 in New Users

Hi everybody.

Just stumbled across this amazing program whilst browsing the internet and was astonished to find that it's free. Such a great tool.

I've had no trouble installing and figuring out what all of the tools do and have even created a couple of figures.

The only thing I would like to do that I am currently unsure of is create something like this:

Is this possible with DAZ? Any help/advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Found this: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/blank-boi, which I may consider buying if there are no free models available.

Post edited by dnb1987 on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

DAZ Studio is not a modelling program of any kind, but Hexagon is, and it is free as well. You could make something similar in Hex and rig it in DS4P?

The other way is to create a morph for Genesis using Hex as well, but that would be a lot more difficult given the start and end shapes.

• dnb1987dnb1987 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your reply.

Very new to this so forgive my ignorance, what are you referring to when you say DS4P?

I have just installed Hexagon so will be giving it a go now. Can I create a model in hexagon and use it in DAZ to change the pose?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

When he says DS4P he means Daz Studio 4 Pro. Daz, or rather DAZ 3D is the name of the Company, Daz Studio, or DS is the name of the program. :)

edited September 2012

Sorry about that! DS4P, DAZ Studio 4 Pro, much easier to write :)

The only way to pose a basic 3D mesh, is to 'rig' it. That is, apply bones to the mesh, and that is done in DS4P by using the CCT (Content Creation Tools), That is not a simple task for a beginner, but i am sure you could get help here on the forums.

EDIT:

You beat me this time? What's happening?

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

Of course he does, forgive the stupidity, should have realised!

Hexagon looks like it can do exactly what I need. Many thanks for your help fellas.

edited December 1969

Sorry about that! DS4P, DAZ Studio 4 Pro, much easier to write :)

The only way to pose a basic 3D mesh, is to 'rig' it. That is, apply bones to the mesh, and that is done in DS4P by using the CCT (Content Creation Tools), That is not a simple task for a beginner, but i am sure you could get help here on the forums.

EDIT:

Thanks again Jimmy. That does however bring me to the only issue I have with DS4P, I have installed it and also viewed the guide on how to install CCT but cannot find CCT in the 'About Installed Plugins' section as the guide advises.

Could you let me know how I go about installing it please, from there I should be okay, I'm pretty handy with figuring programs out!

edited December 1969

You should find them in Window > Tabs under Figure Setup. Have you entered the Pro serial number for DS4P?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

EDIT:

I just got lucky this time I guess. :coolsmile:

Sorry, dnb1987 Jimmy and I have a habit of following each other around answering the same questions, usually he is qicker than me. So we josh eack other a bit. :coolsmirk:
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Went for the fast option and bought the blank boi packs. Thanks for the support anyway guys.

edited December 1969

Yes, easier all round, and at that money, it is a steal :)

edited December 1969

Completely agree. Feel a little bit happier at the fact that I've paid SOMETHING towards this fantastic tool. Love it already and the pack has gotten me well and truly addicted!!

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

dnb1987 said:
    Completely agree. Feel a little bit happier at the fact that I've paid SOMETHING towards this fantastic tool. Love it already and the pack has gotten me well and truly addicted!!

Welcome to the fold.

As you get further into the hobby, and into the software, you'll just get lost in time, hours will turn into minutes, days will turn into nights, nights will turn back into days and sleep will turn into pink elephants.

You'll love it!

edited December 1969

dnb1987 said:

Welcome to the fold.

As you get further into the hobby, and into the software, you'll just get lost in time, hours will turn into minutes, days will turn into nights, nights will turn back into days and sleep will turn into pink elephants.

You'll love it!

Haha. Shut up and take my money. I can't wait.