Wishlist beef

edited December 1969 in The Commons

i just wanna say....i So HATE THE WISHLIST!! cant stand trying to look through the 700+ items i have in it.

and I HATE that im not getting emails notifying something in that list is on sale.

i wouldnt be so mad if someone told there is an option to get notified but i may have missed it.

Comments

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    There isn't a 'get notified' capability yet, but my site (in my sig) can help you see everything on your wishlist that's on sale, and for how much off.

I just used it to find around $130 of stuff to buy today. There's also a demo (linked below) which will show you EVERYTHING that's on sale, at various percentages off, and you can filter by what percentage discount you want to see.

I'm working on extending it so it emails you about discounts, if folks are interested in that.

-- Morgan

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

It isn't, although it's on the list of features they want to add. You can use your browser's search function (Ctrl-f in Windows for most browsers) and search for "Save xx" to find items that are on sale for xx% off (or just "Save" for anything on sale, but if you're a PC member that will include the 30% discount on DO's and $1.99 items).

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,501
    edited September 2012

A certain other site whose name ends with 'rosity' just made a sale today by sending me a notice that items on my wishlist were on sale. This site hasn't made any sales that way since the update.

On another note, that other site also removes items from my wishlist after I buy them. Here, that only happens if I move them to the cart from the wishlist page; if I add them to the cart from the product page, I have to remember to remove the wishlist entries manually.

Post edited by murgatroyd314 on
  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,614
    edited September 2012

I can live with the Wishlist being messed up, but I wish they would put the Itemized Order page back the way it was.
    The way it IS is worse than useless.

Post edited by tsarist on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited December 1969

I don't think I'm that forgiving about it, myself.

I scroll down my wish list every so often and I usually find duplicates...

VERY annoying duplicates...

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

I don't think I'm that forgiving about it, myself.

I scroll down my wish list every so often and I usually find duplicates...

VERY annoying duplicates...

That's because you've added them to your wishlist more than once. It seems to be carried over from the old store where you had to delete the item as many times as you added the item before it would disappear , in the new store they show up as duplicates. Adding an item multiple times in the new store doesn't seem to have any problems.

Coldrake