Splitting a scene

anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
edited December 1969 in New Users

What is a good way to go about splitting a scene? I purchased this a while ago: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/a-bright-loft got blinded by the shiny and didn't notice that there are only two scenes, furnished and unfurnished. I'd really like to split it into zones so I can load the kitchen, living etc. with all props without loading everything else. I'm thinking that if I load the furnished scene then delete everything that is not in the area that I want to keep then it as a new scene?

1) Would that work? Or is there a simipler way to do this.
2) How do I get it to show up in the content menu where the other stuff appears, don't really care about smart content - that seems to be a pain most of the time.

Many thanks

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

anikad said:
    What is a good way to go about splitting a scene? I purchased this a while ago: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/a-bright-loft got blinded by the shiny and didn't notice that there are only two scenes, furnished and unfurnished. I'd really like to split it into zones so I can load the kitchen, living etc. with all props without loading everything else. I'm thinking that if I load the furnished scene then delete everything that is not in the area that I want to keep then it as a new scene?

1) Would that work? Or is there a simipler way to do this.
    2) How do I get it to show up in the content menu where the other stuff appears, don't really care about smart content - that seems to be a pain most of the time.

Many thanks

The quickest way would be to do what you have said, load the full scene, delete everything from the Scene tab that you don't want, and then save it. Just remember that you MUST save it with a different name of it will overwrite the original one.

You could do that with each of the portions you want to keep. You can save them into the same folder as the original scene files, right click on one of the bought scenes, and then use the Browse to File Location option to see where they are stored, then Sace As > Scene, and put that path into the save dialogue.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Thank you. How would I make sure that Genesis loads in the middle of the bit of the scene that I've saved rather than the middle of the wider building?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Put Genesis where you want it, then save Genesis as a Scene (DUF), and load that one at startup, or, load it when you need it.

There is no way to change where it loads by default as far as I know. I would not overwrite the original file though.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Many thanks for answering my questions.