Jumbled Joints on Save

IndigoTeaIndigoTea Posts: 74
edited September 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

I've run into a problem that I've never encountered before, so I thought I'd see if anyone else has run into this, and if there's a fix I can apply.

I recently purchased the Kit Vintage Kitchen over at Renderosity; great kit, perfect for a couple of scenes I've had in mind for a while. One small issue: when I initially set up the scene, everything goes into place as it should. However, when I save, close and re-open the scene, all the doors/drawers are out of place. Interestingly enough, this does not happen to the fridge doors.

I'm currently running Daz Studio Pro 4 (I haven't wanted to go through the upgrade path just yet), Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

bad_save.jpg
960 x 968 - 155K
before_save.jpg
960 x 968 - 158K
Post edited by IndigoTea on

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,878
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure I'm going to describe this properly. You might want to check the list of items in the scene menu to make sure they're all DAZ/Poser items. On something else I purchased there recently, I was having the same sort of problem. I'd close the scene, reopen it, and the ceiling had gone invisible and crashed through the floor, a couple walls were floating randomly in space, and other changes I'd made were anywhere but where I'd made them. I finally went through the scene menu item by item, opening up to make sure I was seeing all parented items, and one of the items was something like wall5.3ds. It was a small space filler, so I deleted it and replaced it with a cube primitive, and the problem was solved. (How a 3DS item gets into a Poser scene I leave as an exercise for someone else.)

There may be some sort of format-incompatible item in the scene that's causing this, and all you can do if that's the case it hunt for it.

Hope this helps.

• IndigoTeaIndigoTea Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

I tried narrowing it down to the one piece of furniture (lower cabinets), and it seems that something about the doors & drawers are conflicting. If all but one or two drawers & doors are left in place, they'll come back properly. I'm not handy enough with sorting out that kind of conflict, so my "for now" solution is to bring the cabinet in, export as an .obj without saving the file, and importing them back into the scene. I'm not entirely happy about losing the motion of cabinet doors and drawers, but that's not mandatory for this scene, so the .obj solution works for now. Thanks for your suggestion!