updated to 4.5,Old Characters get ripped to pieces

larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
edited September 2012 in The Commons

So I was wondering if I was the only one suffering this. I recently updated to 4.5 and when I load an old daz file things are fine. however when i safe my scenes that contain genesis characters as duf and then later open those files my characters are ripped to pieces. Attachment below.

Also if I save a scene, often when the scene reloads it is rotated or shifted about substantially.

I have figured a workaround for my characters which is annoying, I can load the .daz file and save the character as a duf preset and apply to a fresh genesis character. then i need to reapply hair and clothing which cant take time when you've changed the textures a lot.

Anyway, was just curious since normally I hear a lot of screaming here about stuff but guess I missed this one. If there is already a thread with discussion I don't mind if the mods merge.

It does agitate me though since I have a ton of saved characters in scenes that I would normally just load up and start tweaking. Now I have to go through hurdles, *sigh*

character-destruction.jpg
691 x 875 - 97K
Post edited by larsmidnatt on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

I have heard that if you save the .duf file again under a new name that fixes the problem.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2012

what resave teh broken file, or the original daz file?

EDIT: I've retried saving the broken file with a new name and sometimes it seems to work. Loads up without the destruction. Sometimes I get a duplicate file ID error message and even more chaos. Guess I will keep experimenting.

Thanks that seems to work for the most part, will save me a ton of time.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on