Crash pc, content problem

BermaestroBermaestro Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi,

i have on my old PC DAZ 3 and big content, i was making comix, but, my old pc crushes, and only think i can do is download content and move it on new pc, but i install DAZ 4 and anything from content doesnt run, so i somewhere foudn the old DAZ 3 - now i see the old content but, when i tried to open my figures, it doesnt, and when i want to open some object it just open that and crashes... is there anybode who can helps me... im starting do be despered.

Thanks all, and many apologies for my bad english.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

On the old machine go to Edit > Preferences > Directories, press the Content Directory Manager button, expand the DS-format and Poser-format sections, and post a screenshot. On the new machine go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library, press the Content Directory Manager button, expand the DS-format and Poser-format sections, and post a screenshot of that.

• BermaestroBermaestro Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The problem is, that i dont have daz on old computer now, because i must reinstal OS. So this is a screen from DAZ 4 and when i am opening some my figure... is there somethink what i can do for open it or its just lost?

screenshot.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 440K
    edited December 1969

and another one with error message

screen1.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 533K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Do you have your complete content folder from DS3 installed, including the Data folder (...Studio3/Content/Data)? That would be where the data files are being saved.

The Poser-formats and Other-formats entries don't look right -- normally they would be the same as the DS-format entries. The Runtime folders under "My Library" and "Content" are not being seen as Poser-format content folders. Is there a Runtime folder directly under Studio3, as opposed to under Studio3\Content?

edited December 1969

So, i was studying data content...it seems in the data is what is in the data on the old computer... i try to instal DAZ on the old computer.... and... my figures just runs...so what may i do?

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Make sure the paths that you posted in the first screenshot are identical between both computers. Copy the Content/data subfolder from the older computer to the newer one.