DAZ Studio 4.0.3.47 versus DAZ Studio 4.5

ForgottenangelForgottenangel Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Dear friends,

I have only one question - if anybody will be able to answer me :

New releases of DAZ : will be everything compatible with DAZ 4.0.3.47 or will be problem and will be needed to use DAZ s. 4.5.?

Ive installed DAZ 4.5, but I lost ability to work. All is crashing and all is " out of memory" during transfer to Bryce 7.1. So I must uninstall DAZ 4.5. and instal again my old one...( there is working everything perfectly)

I can use old DAZ Studio forever, Im only worried about new items. - compatibility.

And truly - I have no time to investigate where is problem. Ive did only complete control of my computer and all is OK. Include setting virtual memory on 3072 of course. ( Vista business 32)

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Any items that only work on 4.5 (and there are a few), should say so on the Product page.

Some of the newer itmes for Genesis only work on 4.5, and 4.5 uses the latest .DUF file format. DUF files cannot be opened in earlier versions.

• ForgottenangelForgottenangel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for answer even its very bad information for me.

• carlosacarlosa Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

same question ... ty

is there any link to download DAZ Studio 4.0.3.47 ?

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited November 2012

Everyone hates hearing about people who've had no problems with software, but as I've not had any issues myself I'm wondering if there's something specific about your setup which is causing Daz 4.5 to fail. I recall Daz 4.5 has a slightly higher overhead than its predecessor, so perhaps its a memory or processing issue causing the crashes.

I'm only really speculating here as I've not used Daz 4.0, but I have to confess Poser Pro crashes frequently for me yet I've not experienced a single crash with Daz Studio 4.5 even in very complex renders.

Also to answer your question Carlosa, it appears the earlier version is no longer available on the store. Daz has a history of giving away their Studio products for free to reap the profits of models and other resources (A business model I can't help love them for, to be honest) but that doesn't make bootleg copies any more legal. It might be worth posting a ticket to Daz querying about it and seeing if they can allow you to make a purchase some other way.

Failing that, try playing around with settings to see if you can get Daz 4.5 running smoothly.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

DS 4.5 does not save to DAZ files. So you might want to take care of the DAZ files you want to archive before installing it. You won't be able to alter them later. Then you can treat them as archive files for DS 4.5, because it will open them. I wished I"d known this prior...