Using Genesis with Mimic Pro or Mimic Live

Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Is there a way to use Genesis with Mimic Pro? (Mimic Pro asks for the figure's CR2 file when setting things up, and Genesis doesn't have a CR2)

What about Mimic Live? Their tutorial video is made using Genesis - does Mimic Live not require a cr2?

Thanks

Comments

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

That's a good question. I haven't tried it, but it may be possible to export Genesis to a cr2 and then point Mimic Pro to it.
    Mimic Live should work right out of the box since it's a plug-in for DAZ Studio and can thus access the geometry directly.

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

Hey ReDave - let me know if you have any success with that. I wondered if you could create a cr2 with the Content Creation Tools or Figure Setup tools, and if so, not sure how things would work in terms of dmc still applying.

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Exporting as CR2 should be very easy since all that really matters is the head, so I tried exporting directly. I also had to export an OBJ of Genesis since of course there is none. I tried the default.dmc but it seemed to stall right at the beginning. I've never used Mimic before, but it seems you can save dmc from it. However clicking on things at random on my imported Genesis produced no result at all. :-S