D/S4.0 and the Content Manager

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited December 1969 in New Users

What are the instructions for uninstalling the Content Manager?

Do I uninstall D/S4 first and then the CM?

or the other way 'round?

thank you

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You should uninstall the CMS first, then reinstall the main DS4 installer which contains the latest version of CMS. Stop it first of course.

In Windows, go to Start > All Programs > DAZ 3D, and you should find the uninstaller for CMS.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

You should uninstall the CMS first, then reinstall the main DS4 installer which contains the latest version of CMS. Stop it first of course.

In Windows, go to Start > All Programs > DAZ 3D, and you should find the uninstaller for CMS.

Okay.

Now in resetting my downloads in prep for the new computer ... I seem to have acquired quite the collection of D/S programs.
    4.0.3.47 ... is that the latest release [not beta] for that brand?

edited September 2012

When you 'buy' DS 4.5 from the store, you get 4.0.3.47 AND the latest DS 4.5 (4.5.0.114). The earlier version is for you to save in case 4.5 doesn't work for you.

There is a newer version of DS 4.5 which can also be bought from the store, 4.5.0.137 which is classed as a Beta. It fixes some earlier problems with 4.5.0.114. The 4.5 versions also have a seperate installer for the content, unlike 4.0.3.47, where it was contained in the main installer.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

When you 'buy' DS 4.5 from the store, you get 4.0.3.47 AND the latest DS 4.5 (4.5.0.114). The earlier version is for you to save in case 4.5 doesn't work for you.

There is a newer version of DS 4.5 which can also be bought from the store, 4.5.0.137 which is classed as a Beta. It fixes some earlier problems with 4.5.0.114. The 4.5 versions also have a seperate installer for the content, unlike 4.0.3.47, where it was contained in the main installer.

Oh that's where it came from. okay ... thank you.

So far 4.0.anything seems to be working just fine for my projects. And 3 of course ;-)
    Mind you "shopping" is more of a challenge. Not everything works well with it and I seem to be getting more products with useless loading icons that can't find stuff. And yes I read the product pages; were supposed to work with D/S4.5, Daz Studio. Presumably that would mean D/S4.5 and 4.0 and 3.anything. But is not so :-(

edited December 1969

Presumably that would mean D/S4.5 and 4.0 and 3.anything. But is not so :-(

No, it means DS 4.5 and ABOVE, not below. Anything that says it requires DS 4.5 will work on DS 4.5.0.114 or DS 4.5.0.137 or higher but NOT on ds 4.0.3.47.

edited December 1969

Presumably that would mean D/S4.5 and 4.0 and 3.anything. But is not so :-(

No, it means DS 4.5 and ABOVE, not below. Anything that says it requires DS 4.5 will work on DS 4.5.0.114 or DS 4.5.0.137 or higher but NOT on ds 4.0.3.47.

Forum still locking people out while in the store ... sigh ...

okay ... well, Customer Support would have a whole lot less requests for refunds if they plainly stated stated what they mean. I doubt very much that I'm the only that figured "Daz Studio" meant any version thereof.

Thank you for clarifying that point though.

edited December 1969

hmmm ... so now if a product has Genesis, obviously it's for D/S4.something

The software required is "Daz Studio" ... so does that mean, if one wanted to use the logic for the previous use of said term, that it's for some product not yet made ... oh Cathy, okay ... so it's for Daz Studio 4. what?

edited December 1969

If it says the required product is DS4 or DS 4.0 then it should work in any version of DS4, yes.

The problem is with the new file format. The new format for saving a scene in DS 4.5 is .DUF, and DS 4.0.3.47 doesn not know what that file type is, so therefore cannot open them.

Genesis for the new DS 4.5 uses the DUF format, and some of the newer Genesis items, like Mavka, require you to have that file, and not the one for the previous version (DSF)

edited December 1969

If it says the required product is DS4 or DS 4.0 then it should work in any version of DS4, yes.

The problem is with the new file format. The new format for saving a scene in DS 4.5 is .DUF, and DS 4.0.3.47 doesn not know what that file type is, so therefore cannot open them.

Genesis for the new DS 4.5 uses the DUF format, and some of the newer Genesis items, like Mavka, require you to have that file, and not the one for the previous version (DSF)

Okay. Thank you.

Don't suppose it would matter any, but why did they do that?!
    Image editors made by most companies, can all open the same major set of image files.
    I might not be a 3d wizard, but i do find it strange that a company would make a program that cannot open it's own files, or create files that its own programs can't open. In the same version number even. I'm sure there's a perfectly logic explanation, just I haven't been privy to it. Hence another item for the "Daz Logic" basket.

Cheers.

edited December 1969

DS4.0 cannot open DUF files because they weren't released when it was written.

You can open .DAZ Scene files created by DS4.0 using DS4.5 , but not the other way around. So it is backwardly compatible. You can then save any .DAZ files that you have opened in the new (much smaller and quicker) .DUF format. It is the way it has to be I'm afraid.

edited December 1969

DS4.0 cannot open DUF files because they weren't released when it was written.

You can open .DAZ Scene files created by DS4.0 using DS4.5 , but not the other way around. So it is backwardly compatible. You can then save any .DAZ files that you have opened in the new (much smaller and quicker) .DUF format. It is the way it has to be I'm afraid.

I know ... but you know ... anyhow I've at least downloaded 4.5 now. Supposed to get the new computer tomorrow ... still have a whole bunch of reset files to download ... so think I'll be busy for awhile, but happy.

Thank you for helping.

edited December 1969

I hope everything goes well with your new machine. It is really great to get a new one, although it takes a while to get everything back to normal. Downloading files again can be a pain as well. It will be worth it in the end :)

Best wishes.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yeah. I am going through the New computer, new OS, re-install pains at the mo, it is not my fave chore. :roll:

edited December 1969

I was wondering how you were doing with that.

I put Firefox into 'I choose the colours' mode so I could make the links very visible if they haven't been clicked yet, and nearly invisible if they have been. Helps the ol' eyes not pick the same link twice! Just have to remember to "not" clear history 'til the entire group is done. One down, one to go!